cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Same Invoice number is required on Proforma and Sale Invoice

zeeshankhan
0 Kudos

Dear All,

We are export oriented pharmaceutical company, we are implementing SAP in our organization and facing following case:

Business Case:

1. A dummy invoice is required for custom clearance prior to actual invoice, which is refer to Proforma Invoice.
  2. Proforma Invoice is created for custom duty purposes before PGI (posting goods issue)
  3. Invoice is created for customer after shipment realization (approx 1-2 weeks after Proforma Invoice created).
  4. Both documents have the same data such as material, quantity and pricing, the actual shipment date only stated in Invoice.
  5. Receivables and Revenues are recognized upon actual Invoice release to accounting,

Requirement:

1. Proforma Invoice and Invoice should have the same number.

2. If both invoices have different number sequencing i.e. Financial transaction being maintained on actual invoice, whereas customer invoice is based on proforma invoice then how we can generate outstanding invoices against each customer,

SAP Implementer/Consultant Feedback:

Same Invoice number is not possible even when we create actual invoice against any Performa Invoice we need to put all the data manually, which entered in Proforma Invoice means redundant data entry.

Question:

How can I fulfill the above requirement

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

phanikumar_v3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

""" i.e. Financial transaction being maintained on actual invoice, whereas customer invoice is based on proforma invoice then how we can generate outstanding invoices against each customer"""

How come it is possible?

(through financial transaction one accounting document &

through customer invoice one more accounting document--then how you match both??)

Phanikumar

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Adding to Eduardo's comments, ideally, for exports scenario, you need to create commercial billing document only against delivery and not against a proforma.

whereas customer invoice is based on proforma invoice then how we can generate outstanding invoices against each customer

For this, you can develop a report fetching all the document references based on which, finance team can clear the outstanding.  Alternatively, you have to consider going for FI enhancement through which, the proforma reference has to be included against each line item wise in FBL5N.  Talk to your FI consultant to explore on this

G. Lakshmipathi

eduardo_hinojosa
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Impossible requirement. Both type of invoices (F2 and F8) are stored in the same table (VBRK) and VBELN (with MANDT) is the key for this table, so, you can't have two records with the same ID.

Other question, is populate other field (ZUONR, reference, and so on) as this ID with userexits or with VOFM subroutines in the copy rules.

I hope this helps you

Regards

Eduardo