cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password parameter not working while Installing the certificate hosted on a Web Application Server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are trying to secure our SAP BI Mobile connection with certificates. According to the manual we are storing a password protected certificate on a network location.

On our ipad when I open the link: (according to manual: Administrator and Report Designer's Guide , chapter  4.14.2.1 Installing the x509 Certificate on Device)

SAPBI://action=downloadcert&certurl=<Download URL>&Password=abc123

It should open and install the certificate in the app without asking for the password. But thats not working. It does ask for the password. So I can access the certificate location and after entering the password it works. But I am giving the password parameter in the link so why is this not working?

The guide is a bit contradictory, and I quote:

"If you access the second link above: The application is launched and the certificate file is downloaded from the URL location (certurl).

The certificate is directly installed on the device."

But second quote:

"NOTE:

Since the password is already included in the URL, the application does ask the user for the password...."

My question: what is the use of this password parameter if you still have to enter it manually?

Does anybody know if this should work, and what I  might be doing wrong?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_lenze
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi , i am facing the same issue. I'll open a incident.

Martin