cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Kernel NW740 for SAP Web Dispatcher

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

where and how can I find the correct kernel "NW740" for my SAP Web Dispatcher installation?

I proceeded like this:

Software Provisioning Manager -> SAPinst -> SAP Netweaver 7.4 -> MS SQL Server -> SAP Systems -> Standalone Engines -> Web Dispatcher.

Now during step 2 "defining parameters" I need to provide a software package calles "Kernel NW740". My server is a MS server 2008 x64.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it this one:

SAPEXE_60-10011888.SARKernel Part I

??

Found here: My Company's Application Components" Complimentary Software" SAP KERNEL 64-BIT" SAP KERNEL 7.40 64-BIT -> windows x64 -> db independent

Reagan
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

I believe you need to download the Unicode version.

You may try with both.

Read the first note I have suggested.

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I have downloaded SAP Kernel 7.40 Unicode and unpacked it via sapcar.

But when I point SWPM to the unpacked folder I get the error msg: Unable to find a LABEL.ASC.. (look for label SAP:AKK:74:Kernel*:WINDOWS_X86_64:*)

Please advice me.

Thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yi,

I will presume this is a standalone installation.

Did you combine the three DVD's (51045855_1, 51045855_2, and 51045855_3)? Use that kernel for the initial installation.  Once the installation is done then get kernel patch 62.  The path for this is Support Packages and Patches>Browse our Download Catalog>SAP NetWeaver and complementary products> SAP NetWeaver> SAP NETWEAVER 7.4>Entry by Component>SAP WEB DISPATCHER>SAP WEB DISPATCHER 7.40>Windows on x64 64bit

You should be able to just browse to the location of the file "LABEL.ASC".  You need to actually pick the file.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standalone? Ehm, I am using SWPM and I only need to install web dispatcher without addtional software.

Regarding the DVDs, no, I havent combined them. In fact I cant even find them anywhere on sap service portal. I looked through "Installation and Upgrades" as well as "Support packages and patches". I can see SAP NetWeaver 7.4 but there is no files with number 51045855. I also looked through other NW versions but cant it either. Using the search function on the left nav bar also did not help.

I presume combining means unpacking 51045855_1, 51045855_2 and 51045855_3 and putting all files in the same folder letting them override?

Please point me to the location where I can find 51045855_x. Kernel patch 62 I already have.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Yi,

The attached file is a screen shot on March 11, 2014.  It looks like SAP has modified things again. There is no CD for updating the web dispatcher.  Download the SAR file called sapwebdisp_62-10012401 and extract the contents using sapcar.

Cheers,

Dan Mead

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok I got it working.. well in fact I could only start web dispatcher via console.

Following the notes I should have a lot of .icr config files but I can't find them in my extracted sar folder. Should I create them myself?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I cant find the mentioned DVD. The only dvd available is 51047454_8   NW 7.4 SR1 Installation Export

but this does not work when provided to SWPM.

Any ideas why it is not available anymore or where I can download it?

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just do the search, as mention in below screen shot

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

As mentioned this (51047454_8   NW 7.4 SR1 Installation Export) DVD is available to me but SWPM does not accept it when provided.

Please see attached screenshot with error message.

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Just provide the 7.40 kernel path. require label "SAP:AKK:74:KERNEL* windows_x86_64*"

BR

SS

said_shepl
Participant
0 Kudos

HI

51048107_8SAP Kernel 7.41 Windows Server on x64 64bit

Regards

Said Shepl

Former Member
0 Kudos

Just for clarification:

- https://websmp207.sap-ag.de/swdc

- Installations and Upgrades

- Browse our download catalog

- SAP NetWeaver and complementary products

- SAP NetWeaver

- SAP NetWeaver 7.4

- Installation and upgrade

- Microsoft Windows

- <Just choose any DB available>

- Download and unpack 51048107_8

(SAP Kernel 7.41 Windows Server on x64 64bit)