cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Orgchart root value source

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Colleagues,

We are implementing OrgChart 4.0SP1, We need that each employee only see in OrgChart their own unit or dependent units, We want to use structural authorizations but for the moment.

Alternatively, I would like to know if it´s possible configure the OrgChart root value source with User ID or User Record for show only employee own orgunit and or dependent units?. It´s a standard configuration? I just tested but I not sure about the expected behavior.

Much Thanks

Albano.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenBurr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you don't specify the USER and PASSWD in the SAPConnection then it will use the authenticated user's id in all calls to SAP and respect SAP authorisations.

Also, you can easily configure OrgChart to start at the user's root.  But they would still be able to search for any OU (that they have access to view - see first comment!) and then view as a structure.

Regards,

Stephen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

I am thinking in use a not dialog user in connection string, then I can configure OrgChart to start at the user's level and modify Nakisa role for limit searches, it´s possible?, I don´t want the users can see the complete structure.

much thanks,

albano

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In addition to being able to find other branches in your hierarchies by using directory searches (as Stephen highlighted above) I think the single strand hierarchies in the org unit details panel structure related tabs can also allow you to navigate up and out.

Structural auths are absolutely the way to go, otherwise you would need to disable a good chunk of OrgChart functionality to make this work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stephen,

It´s clear, This is I am really thinking.

thanks to both

Albano