cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Posting Block for FB50 for Previous Month Period

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Unexpected Behavior : SAP allow posting to previous period in SAP as shown below with below message. (OB52 period been closed for the previous month.)

Extra Information : Fiscal Year for the company is from 01.04.2013 to 31.03.2014, 01.04.2014 with new fiscal year.

Please guide any settings been missed out.

Thank for the guide.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Cased Solved, Due to some enhancement(ABAP Code) that cased this issue.

Thank everyone for the help.

Trevor Wong.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the same issue.

Normally, if we post to previous period and the period is closed in OB52, the system will have

1) a warning message: Period "01" adjusted in line with posting date "15.03.2014"

2) then error message: Posting period 012 2015 is not open.

But currently, when post to closed fiscal period, we only received the 1st warning message, error message do not appear after that and able to post to the closed period.

Is there any way to bypass the error message and allow the system to post?

Regards,

Chew

ravi_89
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kim,

Please check if your special periods are open and system is trying to post in the special periods.

Regards,
Ravi Kumar Sinha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

No, the special period is not open as only 1 period is opened at this time which is the current period.

Regards,

Chew

ravi_89
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Chew,

Can you please share the ob52 screen shot.
Also please try any date of the febuary month...see if the system is allowing to post.
I believe it wont allow...please try and share your result.

Regards,
Ravi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ravi,

Below is our OB52 screen shot. Referring to 0100, only period 1,2016 is opened.

We tested to post to 15.03.2012, which is actually period 3,2013. System prompt a warning message and we are able to post.

Result of posting.

Kindly advice.

Thanks.

Regards,

Chew

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi..

In this case...just askyour abper to the change massage to information message(along with massage logo)...Otherwise debug the program with help of abaper ,...there will be some logic behind the massge,  offcourse..its very difficult to debug the standard program but...its need.

if poosible share the massage number   .

Thanks.

Regards

Sudharsana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chew,

I believe this has to do with your fiscal year variant configuration. Check the fiscal year variant assigned to your company code.

Please take a screenshot of you fiscal year variant for the year 2012. That will help us explain the system behavior here.

I am not jumping into a conclusion, but just trying to route the discussion towards the fiscal year variant side.

Regards,
-Ani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abi,

As mahesh said is correct please follow the same.

Regards

Dileep

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not missed any thing setting for the warning message -

we are in Fiscal year 2014 but you are posting in 2013 Fiscal year

Example - today dt : 17.04.2014  posting but given document date 31.03.2014 and posting date 31.03.2014, that's what system showing warning message ,

if you don't want to see this warning message - then go OB52 and close Previous posting Fiscal year 2013 ,

then system will give Error message -

Thanking you

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahesh,

We have checked the OB52 in advance, all previous period have been closed.

Due to some management fiscal year change, the period have been + 2 years in SAP.

Example :

31.03.2014 = Fiscal Year 12/2015 in my company

01.04.2014 = Fiscal Year 01/2016 in my company

ravi_89
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Abi Chin,

Have your checked the special periods?
I think its still open and thus you are able to post by entering a date of from your last fical year's last  period.
"Posting takes place in previous fical year" meassage is encountered when your are doing an adjustment posting in special periods.
I am pretty sure you wont be able to do posting if you use any othe date than of mar'13( try with feb'13)
Please test it once and revert.

Regards,
Ravi Kumar SInha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Abi

Are you checking the OB52 settings for the same company code you are posting for?? If yes, could you please share that screenshot as well??

Also, this is a warning, press enter and see if it allows you to post. May be you would get the error message later??

Regards

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmyadeepthi,

Checked OB52 with correct data and the warning message is allow back posting(This should not allowed with OB52 closed the previous month preiod).

Former Member
0 Kudos

It may be helpful if you can share the OB52 screen shot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check with your abaper....

you need to change message type.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Svamsi,

I don't think it should be control with customization, it should be control by standard SAP.

Please correct me if I'm wrong on it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sowmyadeephti,

As per attachment.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Why is Jan 2016 open?? We are still in 2014 right??

Regards

Sowmya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sow,

Due to some management fiscal year change, the period have been + 2 years in SAP.

Example :

31.03.2014 = Fiscal Year 12/2015 in my company

01.04.2014 = Fiscal Year 01/2016 in my company

former_member188028
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

are you sure about posting period variant? Also, are there any authorisation groups for sepcified restrictions? Rgds MBN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

check with below note Note 1165448

Regards

asuvamsi