cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding Z-Field to CR General data section

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Gurus,

Our requirement is to add one custom field in Change Request - General data (Along with CR Description, due date etc...).

My initial investigation says that i need to add custom field to structure: BSS_CRIL_ROOT_ATTRIBUTES.  Can any one please confrim is it the only place or do i need add the custom field(Attrinbute) to any other Entity  ? 

All i want to use this field to route the workflow process. I do not need this attribute at ECC layer.

Any one had got the similar requirment earlier? Any documents on this?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Addullah and Praveen.

Thanks for your response.

Since i am new to FPM Development, can you please adivce me how to move forward from below two options. Do i need to straight away enhance the USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE_GAF configuration under the component FPM_GAF_COMPONENT

OR

Do i need to copy the configuration FPM_GAF_COMPONENT_TEMPLETE and create a single step and then insert that step into main configuration: USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE_GAF. Can you please through some light on this.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

As I understand from your initial post - Customizing CR header with a new field.- for this Creating a Zconfig of CR header will be a good option. I don't think you need to create a single step as you just need to add a custom field to that UIBB.

You may want to debug the CR header first by putting a breakpoint in above feeder class to see how the existing values are coming in .to proceed to change the UIBB config.

Thanks

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are many ways how you can enhance FPM applications:

• FPM Customization (no need for developer key)
  • New FPM Configuration (copy the standard configuration and change the copy as you like)
  • Enhance FPM Configuration (just like implicit enhancements in regular ABAP)

Please look in the FPM space for how to enhance FPM applications as this is a generic development topic and is not specific to MDG.

praveenkumar_kadi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As Abdullah indicated the corresponding UIBB feeder class you may want to refer/enhance is

CL_USMD_CR_GUIBB_GENERAL_DATA.

I think this is the only option as we do not have entity type for this UIBB in the data model.

Thanks

Praveen

Tony03
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the link Antony.

This document talks about the new UIBB with custom feeder class. I am looking to add custom field in the existing CR general data UIBB.

Any further ideas?

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

The link provided by Antony Isacc seems to be the right one suiting your requirements.

Best Regards

Uday Rao

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, this document is the right solution for this exact requirement. In order to enhance the CR header you need some FPM development background. This means that you should know what UIBB is. If not, you might want to find someone with that knowledge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to Antony, Uday and Abdullah.

I have implemented this requirment now and the doucment produced was very useful.

Now, I need to implement the same thing for GAF type sreens for MASS CR creation. I am not able to add the Z-field UIBB to GAF type screen.

Please advice me how to proceed on this.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You just need to find the appropriate CR Header UIBB in the GAF configuration and enhance that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Addullah,

Thanks for your response.  Since i am new to FPM Development, can you please adivce me how to move forward from below two options.

Do i need to straight away enhance the USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE_GAF configuration under the component FPM_GAF_COMPONENT

OR

Do i need to copy the configuration FPM_GAF_COMPONENT_TEMPLETE and create a single step and then insert that step into main configuration: USMD_CREQUEST_CREATE_GAF.

Can you please through some light on this.