cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Controlling Area Currency Problem

0 Kudos

Hi Dear Expert,

We have some problem regarding our Controlling Area Currency. When we try to post some document.

In CO document, CO Area Currency supposed to be taken from LC3 (Group Currency/32) not from LC2 (Hard Currency/40) based on the Controlling Currency. But the result is wrong,  CO Area Currency is taken from LC2 (Hard Currency/40).

This is our Parallel Currencies.

This is our Controlling Currency

This is our Currency + Valuation profile

This is our Profit Center Controlling Area Setting

Is there anyone have same issue regarding this matter, please advise.

Regards,

Ferdinand. HS

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferdinand,

It seem like your controlling area has multiple valuation as well. Could you switch you controlling Extra->Actual Valuation.. and choose you profit center valuation.

You should able to see the valuation view on top:-

You should be able to see the amount from LC3.

Thanks,

Ong Yang Lim

0 Kudos

Hi Ong,

I choose Profit Center Valuation.

The value is correct. But why Legal Valuation is different from Profit Center Valuation, please advise.

Regards,

Ferdinand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferdinand,

1) Legal valuation is defaulted based on your screenshot, basically legal valuation (for CO Area) always translates actual data with the average rate (exchange rate type M) for actual posting.

2) Your profit center valuation is based on your LC3 setup.

I'm not sure where you get your LC3 in this example but it looks like you manually change it. You could try to post another document with different LC2 and LC3. I.e. with similar DZD amount but with 800 USD for LC2 and 700 for LC3 to prove the points I stated above.

Feel free to clarify.

Thanks,

Ong Yang Lim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ferdinand,

Please have a look at SAP Note 1442153 - Transfer price valuation for material transfers .

It may offer you some help.

What kind of transaction you presented in your screen shots? Is it invoice receipt? If yes, is the vendor another company within your group?

Regards,

Szymon

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

anand_raichura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

From your FI document, screen shot we can see that LC2 and LC3 both are in USD but amount is differing from each other. Please let us know whether LC3 amount has been manually entered by user while posting, if this is the case than the amount is right in CO document as derivation of Controlling area currency will be system calculated.

To check the exchange rate at time of posting use transaction code EWCT.

Regards,

Anand Raichura