cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CIF compare/reconcile -- Parallel process profile in R/3

former_member205075
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear experts, I'm opening a complete new discussion with this topic...

does anybody have experience setting up parallel processing for CCR?

I did create 2 parallel profiles in customizing (1 for APO and 1 for R3) and I executed the report in background.

Most of the performance time that the report uses is spent on R3 side reading tables like VAPMA and VLPMA. In order to improve runtime performance I set up the 2 parallel process profiles as shown above (defiining server, number of processes and block size in customizing following SAP recommendations already).

In APO I am perfectly able to see how more than one process is being triggered and therefore parallelization works.

Nevertheless, I never see in R/3 the same thing happening. No matter how I define the parallel process profile for R/3, I always see one unique process in transations SM51 and SM66 on this system as shown below.

Is there a specific setting I need to maintain to achieve this process parallelization in R/3? Is it even possible to split processes in R3? and if not, what is the purpose of having Parallel Process profiles in R3?

Thanks for your support

Salvador

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salvador,

We had a similar kind of issue which got solved by applying OSS note 1991676 - /SAPAPO/CCR delta report never finishes, the relevant process on ERP side constantly execu...

Please check OSS note also CCR have you checked 'Use VBBE Table'?

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

former_member205075
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Rupesh,

indeed a good remark, but we already got this note in R3 upfront.

Regarding VBBE, we did ran CCR without it being selected. This has an equivalent effect to running report SDRQCR21 as it will also update index tables. It is recommented by SAP to schedule it on a regular basis and that's the direction we took.

These ones certainly improve performance significantly, but still we are wondering about parallel processing in R3.

If there is a profile for parallel process available in CCR, why are we not able to see parallel processes in R3 when executing the report? This should also help in improving even more performance if we could get it working properly...

Further information...

Is maybe someone aware of the following points?

- RFC call is using DIA processes. Are these suitable for parallellization in any case?

- what are the profile parameters that need to be set up (RZ10) and is there a direct link with parallel processing? For example, I notice that rdisp/rfc_pool_size is equal to zero in my R3 system but it is 10% in APO.

- are there other parameters like rdisp/rfc* that can really block me from getting parallel processes?

Thanks for your interventions

Salvador

Message was edited by: Salvador García

rupesh_brahmankar3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Salvador,

Make sure that when you use parallel processing in "CIF Compare/Reconcile" for

transaction data, you only use application servers of one type.

Please check below points

1. Define a server group in transaction RZ12 and assign the relevant application servers to this group. Make sure that only application servers of the same type are used.

2. In transaction /SAPAPO/CCR_PAR, define a new profile for parallel processing in "CIF Compare/Reconcile", and assign the newly-defined server group to it.

3. Start "CIF Compare/Reconcile" on an application server, the type of which corresponds to the server specified in the parallel processing profile. For background processing, make sure that a relevant target server is specified in the general settings for the job.

Please refer consulting notes on parallel profile in CCR 887971 - CCR: Documentation is missing for the parallel processing

Regards,

R.Brahmankar

Answers (0)