Career Corner Discussions
Join the conversation in the Career Corner group to ask career-related questions, find approaches to building skills, and seek career advancements.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FI clarification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently i'm working as a Logistic End user @ Dalmia Cement. i have completed SAP-FI course and i'm in to MBA(Fin) background. I want to become a FI consultant. For a long time i didn't get a job so that i entered into end user profile. pls anyone guide me whether i'm going into the correct path?

Kindly advise me.

Regards,

Priya

6 REPLIES 6

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Priya.

The most important requirement to be a consultant is Master in Configuration part.

All recruiters ask for the configuration level question for an interview for consultant.

You have to be very comfortable for all types of configuration for FI side.

Please search in SCN or Google for configuration book / pdf file for SAP FI configuration.

To being an end user, you daily work will be only data entry and check reports..

But consultants are doing only SPRO activity..

You have to know all work which is done via SPRO for FI module..

Regards

Dev

0 Kudos

thanks dev

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good you did SAP FI course .why don't you try for certification ? it will weight age to your Profile

and go through new updates like new GL, CIN topics

intergartion with diffrerent module like  MM, SD PP

0 Kudos

Ranjeet,

Thanks for your reply.

Yeah you are right. due to my financial issue i cannot go for certification. currently im into sap end user,further im searching for sap support profile  after getting experience i will go for sap implementation. whether my plan is correct or wrong.

Kindly advise

0 Kudos

As of my opinion, it is correct.

As now you are working as end user, then try to be an Super user or Associate Consultant.

As you have said your financial condition is not good, then don't leave the job, try to apply jobs for the designation of Super user or Associate Consultant. Once you get the experience for Associate Consultant, then you can go for the sap implementation project.

Regards

Dev

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

<<Irrelevant suggestion removed by Moderator>>

Message was edited by: kishan P