Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create Header Text and Item view

AB069
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

Please solve it out.

I need to create a assignment block which display Employee details as per there Role. There are 3 fixed role like Role1 Role2 and Role3. under beneath of each role different user assign.

My requirement is to display the like Header(Roles) and item(user) in Tree form.

The user are in custom database table .

Example

Role1

User_ID1           User_Name

User_ID2           User_Name

Role2

User_ID3            User_Name

User_ID4            User_Name

User_ID5            User_Name

Role3

User_ID6            User_Name

User_ID 7           User_Name

Please suggest how can i achieve this tast.

Thanks

Imran

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

AB069
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Christian,

I have created TREE Table using http://wiki.scn.sap.com/wiki/display/ABAP/Development+of+a+transaction+history+in+form+of+a+tree+vie.... But some how when openning sccuessor , the data get copied to predecssor. Please find below snapshot.

Thanks

Imran

AB069
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Faisal/ Christian,

Thanks a lot lot for you suggestion, its very helpful.

I understand very well, to create Tree view with Access Object and its dependent object.

But my doubth is that in my requirement there is no Access object and dependent object involve, Please follow below points.

• In My Object, Predecessor are like Heading text, No data display in predecessor (Role1, Role 2, as shown above in example).
  • There will be only 3 predecessor in all time.
  • The Successor value for each Predecessor available in the custom Ztable. and there no BOL object created for this ztable.

Please suggest ,what i need to do to accomplished this object.

I really really appriciate for your advice.

Many Thanks,

Imran

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

in your case the access objects are the headings. Are you really sure there will always be only these three roles? I wouldn't hardcode them but rather read them from am application table or customizing.

The dependent objects then are the entries in the z table. I'd suggest creating a custom BOL object to access the entries in the z table (e.g. as a Simple Object).

Christian

AB069
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Yes Christian, heading are hard coded.(option : for futher requirement we can maintain heading in the custom table).

Instead of creating custom BOL object, can we go for the value table. please correct if i am wrong.

Thanks

Imran

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

yes, that should also be possible.

Christian

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Imran,

this can be achieved by creating a custom tree view. The following two blogs provide nice descriptions on how to create a custom tree view:

Development of a transaction history in form of a tree view - ABAP Development - SCN Wiki

I think it should be quite easy to adapt the content to you requirement.

Best,

Christian

faisal_pc
Active Contributor
0 Kudos