cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add Timer functionality to Agentry application?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I want to add timer functionality in my Agentry app.

After selecting particular button, the timer should start and end after other button selected.

I am using Eclipse editor for coding and I cant see any option for timer functionality.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Prit,

There is no timer control, but using rules, you can use the System function TIME_TICKS to save the current time in milliseconds to a Intergral Number variable to start the timer.  When you want to stop the timer, again use TIME_TICKS, this time taking the DIFF between the current TIME_TICKS and your saved start time.  Then DIV this by 1000 to get the number of seconds that have passed.  You could also use the System function TIME which is already in seconds.  There is no concept of timer events that can kick off asyncronous actions or logic, but you can figure out how much time has passed between your start and end actions.

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manfred/Jason

Sorry I could not reply to you yesterday.

I am using Agentry v6.0.38.1 on Motorola ET1 tablet.

I want to use this functionality in Android platform.

I was going through some stuff developed in windows platform for timer.

They used external application in device AgentryActionTimer.exe to run the timer functionality.

I have the same .exe file.

I am trying to implement in Android platform. will it work or there will be separate .exe file for Android?

I will update you after I complete Implementation

Thanks

Prit

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Prit,

The AgentryActionTimer you have will not work with the Android Platform.  You will need to use SMP 3.0 (Agentry 7) to develop equivalent functionality using the OpenUI SDK.

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill

Why won't it work in Agentry v6.0.38.1?

can you provide me the link where I can read and analyze this?

Thanks
Prit

jason_latko
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Because that exe is a Windows executable and there is no Android equivalent that has been created.  What does that timer exe even do?  I don't understand the intended purpose.  Bill?

Jason Latko - Senior Product Developer at SAP

bill_froelich
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Prit,

The actiontimer program is a windows program that was developed to execute the action at certain intervals.  This program is a windows program that naturally will not run on Android and there is no equivalent android program that exists at this time.

Also, since Android is a more locked down OS, we don't have the same capabilites in terms of other external applications invoking actions within the Agentry client that we do with Windows.

The Agentry 6.0.x client just doesn't have the same capabilities needed to implement this functionality.  However as I mentioned, with theSMP 3.0 (Agentry 7) client we have introduced the OpenUI SDK which should give you the ability to write an equivalent capability on the Android platform.

The OpenUI API documentation can be found at the following link

Agentry OpenUI API

--Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bill,

But I have to implement it on Agentry 6.0.X only.

Whenever user select driving button, after 1 min interval application should capture gps co-ordinates and calculate distance.

How can I implement that functionality in Agentry 6.0.X for Android platform?

And

If I can not do it on Agentry 6.0.X for Android, then is there any option to do it in Agentry 7 for Android platform?  (As you mentioned "There is no equivalent android program that exists at this time for actiontimer program.")

-Prit

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can always write your own custom native Android application that can do the timer, and when the user selects the "driving" button to use an "Open URL" action step to call out to the other application and have it start a timer.  Then for ever minute to have the application call back into the Agentry Client to launch a transaction that does the GPS check.

I am looking for documentation on the Agentry Intent Feature that was added in to 6.0.30.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Yes I can create custom navtive Android application that can do the timer. But how will I connect it with Agentry 6.0.X?

As Bill mentioned, openUI SDK support is provided in Agentry 7 not in Agentry 6.0.X.

If Agentry Intent feature is supported by Agentry 6.0.X then it maybe possible.

If you get that documentation then please share with me.

[Removed by Moderator]

Regards

Prit

Message was edited by: Michael Appleby

shabeer_jameela
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

Did you manage to find documentation on "Agentry Intent Feature that was added to 6.0.30". What interface is available in Agentry 6.0 in Android (and iOS) for receiving call back into Agentry? I am fully aware of SMP 3.0 and how it can be used to receive info from a 3rd party application; but the above thread seem to suggest that 6.0.30 also has the ability to use "custom intent" to receive call back?

Thanks,

Shabeer

mgonschor
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Prit,

what Agentry version are you using and for which client platform are you developing?

In current versions I don't see an option to have a timer on the screen that automatically increases.

You could work around this using start/refresh/stop buttons.

Start saves the current time to some property. Every hit on refresh then calculates the time difference which can be displayed on the screen and clicking on stop additionally saves the passed time to some property for further processing.

Another way that might work for Windows as client platform: use an external field/active-x control on the screen together with a proper active-x control that serves as the timer.

Upcoming versions (SMP 3.0) should enable for such tasks in general by supporting controls.

Cheers,

Manfred