cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email to Multiple Recipients when PO released

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

I have searched SCN, Google & couldn't find the exact solution for the requirement mentioned in the subject line. That might be because the list of recipients is not fixed.

We do have PR created by one user. It gets converted to PO by another user.

Then that PO is released by superiors with 3 levels of approvals.

Once it is released the PO PDF fomat should be sent to multiple recipient, the list is as below,

1. Vendor- This we have achieved successfully & mail is being sent to the vendor mail ID mentioned in the vendor master.

2. User who had created the PR- There might be a possibility that one PO contains multiple PR created by different users.

3. User who had created the PO- Rather his mail ID should be the sender & not the one who had released the PO.

The mail text should also contain some text elaborating about the PO.

We are successful for sending the PO to vendor only & not other recipients described above.

Will it possible in standard or we need go for development? I tried to configure setting in NACE for partner role SE- sender but it is not accepting.

Moreover the partner roles for other recipients are unknown.

Kindly help will be appreciated.

Regards

Manoj P.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

joao_sousa2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
Will it possible in standard or we need go for development? 

Custom development. You won't be able to set both users to the partner roles, which you need to send the messages in the standard.

Anyway, the code is not very complicated, and since you are already sending the PDF to the vendor the spool request has been created and can be converted to PDF.

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj,

I have a great solution to your issue.

Please provide me with your number and a good time to reach you at and I will be happy to do my best to help.

-Nirat

Former Member
0 Kudos

If  you  have   a  great  solution ...Say the answer .Everyone  will  know  the  answer .....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirat,

Thanks for taking note of my issue.

Is it possible for you to share the answer in the forum so that every member of the forum will be benefited?

Manoj P

BijayKumarBarik
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can maintain multiple E-mail ID's for a vendor master but in standard only possible to send PO by e-mail to  to single e-mail ID for a vendor.

If you want to send same PO by e-mail in multiple (e-mail) ID's such as to Vendor e-mail ID, Buyer e-mail ID  and PO creator e-mail ID. Better discuss with Technical consultant and go for development by using of function module OR can work with group e-mail concept.

Also can check with by creating a new partner function and assigned to vendor schema group. Create different internal vendor codes by having e-mail ID for Buyer and PO creator. Assign both vendor codes for Buyer and PO creator in new partner function in Main vendor master(XK02).Considering - you have
all configuration for PO by e-mail setting for vendor, then create PO for main vendor code and check how all receiving PO BY E-MAIL.

Regards,

Biju K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

You have to go for development. Ask your ABAPer to use the user exits in the program for output of the PO. The reason no std solution will work here is:
You have to send the email to creater of PR, PO and vendor.
The vendor is fine. You can send using sandrard.
However, there is no mechanism for creator of PR/PO. Also mailing list will not work as the creaters will be different every time. plus one vendor can have many PR/PO creaters.
The std messaging mechanism will not work as the PR / PO creater are never present in its logic.

You can use workflows though. But again this will need careful programming for triggering it. I had a word with one of my workflow consultants and he mentioned that this is possible. but is a major change. Its like introducing new workflow in the process.

The email program editing i feel is easier option as the ABAPer has to simply perform joins on EBAN and EKPO and get the "list" of PR creaters (as the PO will have multiple PRs of different creater) and while the PO gets created, send email to PR creators and PO creator. I think you may need new ABAP form also as you would like to make it a notification rather than the PO output itself

Regards
Vivek Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create a distribution list which contains of email in one email list and maintain the same vendor master t will be sent to all email ID'S maintained in distribution list.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Mallinath,

I didn't get you. Do you mean to say that all the related mail IDs to be maintained in the vendor master?

Well that is not the case.

There are multiple users who create the PR as well as PO too. So with your suggestion I feel all the users will end up having unnecessary info which we don't want.

If my understanding is wrong then may request you to explain it little further?

Manoj P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you alreay have an email of vendor maintained in vendor master , which is perfect now.

Remove that email ID and maintian an distribution email ID there.

Distirbution email ID may have

1.Vendor email ID which as already maintain

2.Purchase maagers email ID

3.Yours email ID and so on which are requried.

This email ID ask your basis team to create , send ths list of email's which has to included in this distribution email.

Once created maintain the same in vendor master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manoj

I see here that you want to send the emails to 3 people including the vendor. The PR creator and the PO creator cannot be judged at the time of triggering output through standard methods. Also, they are not present as the fields for condition records of the outputs of PO, so no options to configure them though NACE

All, i can suggest you here is to go for ABAP coding. Moreover, check if the email ids are maintained in user details,

Regards
Vivek Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hdello Mallinath,

Thanks for the suggestion. But every time the user mail IDs will be different.

For first PO it will be user 1 for PR & another user who created it say user 2.

For the same vendor in the next PO it will be combination of user 3 & user 4.

How to tackle this?

Manoj

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You are right on spot.

The only thing is the mail should be sent to the vendor & the user who has created the PR (might be multiple PRs so multiple users too). And the user who has created the PO should be the sender.

I have seen partner role SE- sender in NACR or MN04 but system doesn't accept multiple partner roles.

for same document type (already VN- Vendor exists for the combination).

Could you please also help me to understand to when from where to trigger the mail from PO itslef at the time of saving once the the final release is being done or in ME9F? What's the user exit or function module to be used?

Manoj P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to define custom Workflow notifications to achieve this functionality. You can have different templates to send to the Vendor and to the PR raiser. You can also achieve the mail to the vendor to be from the email id of the Buyer (PO creator).

Go to SPRO->SAP Netweaver -> Application Server -> SAP Business Workflows -> Notifications and configure the workflow.

We've had most of this functionality configured and implemented albeit in SAP SRM.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Manosij,

I have checked that option also. We have implemented workflow for PR too.

But in case of PO the conditions won't be fulfilled as required. The PR creator (PR which had been converted to PO) has to Te informed, how can you map this with workflow?

Manoj P.

Former Member
0 Kudos

There are numerous user exits/BAdis available in workflow notifications. I confess I am not an expert in workflow configuration, however, I have seen the very functionality achieved.

Discuss with your technical consultant and he can guide you.

All the PR creators are stored in EKPO-AFNAM for each PO line.