cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cant open table connection in Data insight

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts

I am new to Information steward. when i am trying to add a table or table by name or file it is show a disabled page, i created a connection to IS Repo and also a project in CMC. what i have to do. please help me

Thanks in advance

Prasanna kumar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

akhileshkiran
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

I think you have to create Source Data Connectivity in CMC/IPS. So that you can view your

Log on to Central Management Console

Navigate to Information Steward

Right click on Meta Data Management

Select Connection

Regards,

Akhileshkiran

NielsWeigel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

For beeing able to add a table to your Data Insight project, you do not need to set up a full metadata integrator (metadata integrators are ablle to read much more metadata information from a system) but you have to defien within the CMC under Information Steward in the Data Insight section a new database connection.

Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh Kiran

Thanks for your response, sorry for not mentioning in my question. I already created the source connection to the datasource in CMC --> IS --> Connection. Even though i created the source connection i am not getting the "add to table" window.

what is my next step to do now

Thanks in advance

PrasannaKumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akhilesh Kiran

Thanks for your response. I already created the source data connectivity in IS/CMC/IPS.but i cant view the data please guide me

Thanks in advance

PrasannaKumar

NielsWeigel
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Welcome to the communtiy of Information Steward users!

Please make yourself familiar with the concepts and the product tutorials we have created for SAP Information Steward and made available here on the SCN:

Ther eis e.g. a Getting Started section with a tutorial on Create Connections, Import table metadata, Import file metadata, ...

Your start was perfect, you have create a user, a project and during installation you have created a IS repository (which stores all the IS project information, rules, calcualted scores etc.).

But for accessing any data (database tabels or files) to do a profiling or a data quality assesment task, you have to go first to the CMC and in teh Information Steward section you have to define the database connection TO YOUR SOURCE DATABASE (that includes e.g. dbuser, password etc.) and then in the "Add table" screen within the Information Steward you wil see on the left hand side the selection of the already defined database connections that are visible (granted by the administrator) for you as an IS user. There you will be able to select then the tables form the database that you want to add to your project.

Hint: After you have checked which tables you want to add to your project from that database connection please do not forget to press the "Add to Project" button on th eupper left corner. when you check the tables and just "Close" the window they will not be added.

Niels

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Niels Weigel

Thanks for your response, sorry for not mentioning in my question. I already created the source connection to the datasource in CMC --> IS --> Connection. Even though i created the source connection i am not getting the "add to table" window.

what is my next step to do now.

Thanks in advance

Prasanna kumar