Did you mean: 

PDM Check IN Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

the following error prevents the check in of a PDM into the repository:

Unexpected error while executing the following action:

Changing value of attribute Modification Date of object Target model reference

The check in of the document has been cancelled.

I'm not sure what that means at all? What excatly is meant by "object Target model reference"?

For the time being I'm the only user using check in for that model, means, the model didn't change in the repository since I checked it out. There are only few changes to the local model, some datatype changes, attribute deletes etc. The model is rather small (about 30 tables).

This happens again and again. I resolve the situation fiddling around with the model (copy, check aout again, override, ...) but have no repeatable approach to fix it.

Thanks for any hints,

Chris Werner

p.s.: Using PD 16.5.0.3982

p.p.s: Maybe a screenshot of the check in dialog provides some further information

Message was edited by: Chris Werner

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member186838
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi

"target model reference" is for instance a model you references if you have doen a model to model generation, use a External shortcut or just your XDB file.

You are using a older Powerdesigner version. I suggest to use the latest version 16.5 SP03 PL02.

Try to check in the model as baseline model?

Otherwise please open a ticket with technical support.

HTH

Stefan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

thanks a lot for your answer. Because I'm not the originator of the model in question, I'm not sure if there are references into other models. If so, that may not by intention but by accident for the model is rather simple and meant as standalone. There are a lot of diagrams and reports in the model so I'm not sure if those are references in the sense you guess?

To find model references I checked the Dependencies tab of the Model Properties Dialog but it says No dependencies available for current object.

So if there are references causing this problem, I'd like to find and remove them. But how?

I'm not sure what it means to "check in the model as baseline model"?

Thanks again,

Chris Werner

former_member186838
Active Participant
0 Kudos

When you check in a model ther eis a check box "create baseline version".

You can find the Target Models with the menu -> Model -> Target Models

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Stefan,

thanks again! For some reasons I'm, not allowed to create a baseline version, it seems I haven't full access. Anyway, that problem has to be solved here.

But I wonder why the model in question shows no entries in the Target Model dialog (both, local and repository):

... but claims about target model references on check in.

Best regards,

Chris Werner

former_member186838
Active Participant
0 Kudos

XDB or other resource files are as well a "target models" but not listed in the target model list.

vaudino
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

HI Chris

Can you check if you are using the local cache?

If you chose Tools – General Options – Repository is "Local cache" checked ?

If it is the case, can you try to uncheck it and check-in again ?

Best regards

veronique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Veronique,

thanks a lot for your answer! Yes, I was using the local cache (without being aware of it, I don't even know what for that is). It points to a folder in Documents and Settings. So I unchecked the option an voila - it works!

Thanks again,

Chris

Answers (0)