cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cash flow start date and first posting date in REFX-RECN contract

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

While reviewing old contracts, I have noticed that in contracts where first posting date is mentioned,  the cash flow start date is not editable in contract change screen.  In contracts where first posting date is not mentioned, the cash flow start date is editable in the change screen.

Is this standard system behaviour?  Because i have read in the forum that cash flow start date is not editable after first posting of the conditions.

I tried to change the field status of cash flow start date through RECACUST,  but despite keeping the field status as display,  the cash flow start date remains editable.

Please help on how to make the field status not editable.

sadhana

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sadhana,

First of all Yes the behavior of the system is normal and standard.

Wherever First Posting date is updated it indicates that first posting in the contract has been done on that particular date and hence Cashflow date is non editable then.

Where First posting date is not updated it indicates that posting of the contract is yet to be done,not a single posting has been performed hence Cashflow date is editable.

My advice to you is to kindly don not make it non editable as Cashflow date needs to be filled as per the business requirement if required else its fetched automatically with reference to start date of first condition.

Still you require to make it non editable, you can use Transaction variant and then restrict anyone to edit it.

For reference follow the below document :

Regards,

Siddharth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sidhharth,

Thanks a lot for your immediate reply.

I still have one query.  You have written that

Where First posting date is not updated it indicates that posting of the contract is yet to be done,not a single posting has been performed hence Cashflow date is editable.

This means first posting date is always filled up after condition is posted.  but in our system i find that the date is blank and greyed out even after the 1st posting.

Could it be due to having several conditions in the contract - some with one time posting, some with monthly posting?  eg.most of our contracts have atleast two contions - one for deposit which is one time payment, one for rent.  the first posting date is updated in individual condition for rent in conditions tab  but first posting date in terms tab is blank.     But even in single condition contracts, the first posting date is not getting updated in term tab (the field gets greyout out once contract is activated)

Thanks once again.

Sadhana.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have checked several contracts in the production system. in some contracts, the cash flow from date is greyed out, in some not. the first posting date is not filled up in many contracts even though there are monthly postings for atleat three years.

Even in Contracts which are alredy over, the cash flow date is open for edit.    if  somebody changes this date by accident, then postings will happen in the next RERAPP transaction.

dont know whether this is standard sap behaviour.   Please help.

regards,

sadhana

yeong-chul_jeong
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, Sadhana degaonkar

When you already try to configure "Field Status of Field Group No.17 (Cash Flow From)", and  if this configuration is not work as display mode such as not editable (greyed out) field, then you can try to define in the "Function Module for Programmed Field Grouping : REGC_REGC_EVENT_FMOD2".

You can find or define 'fldgr(Field Group)' number for changing this filed as non-editable field.

You can go to 'RECACUST > Contract > Dialog > Screen Layout > Field Groups >Field Groups' and find 'field group no is 17 and check the function module of this field group.

Best regards,

Yeong chul, Jeong

Answers (0)