Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Passing parameters to SAP Transaction iView

alancecchini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a SAP Transaction iView (for ERP transaction SWK3) which works fine in our 7.0 portal using the following Application Parameters value:

P_CATID=BO&P_TYPEID=BUS2089&P_INSTID=<Request.P_INSTID>

At runtime, the parameters set with constant values are passed (i.e. P_CATID and P_TYPEID) successfully from the iView, while the url invoking the iView contains parameter P_INSTID which is dynamic (called from another iView).

For example, this may look as follows:

?P_INSTID=000614330000120800

Since we have upgraded to portal 7.4, the NWA log shows the following error for this process suggesting this is not a valid method of passing parameters any more.

om.sapportals.portal.appintegrator.ApplicationIntegratorException: Unable to process template 'P_CATID=BO&P_TYPEID=BUS2089&P_INSTID=<Request.P_INSTID>', because 'P_INSTID' is an invalid terminal property of context 'Request.'.

Please can you advise how to overcome this error for the dynamic parameter.

Thanks,

Alan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

I have the same Problem after upgrading to Portal 7.4.

How did you solved this issue?

Thanks a lot and Kind regards,

Alexander

alancecchini
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Alexander,

Apologies for the late reply, I've been on an extended period of annual leave.

I've checked back on my notes and we retained the Application Parameters iView setting exactly as I state above but I had to ask our Java developer to explicitly add the static parameters P_CATID and P_TYPEID to the dynamic URL call to launch the iView.

So for example, an example URL would be:

... ivu.view_trip?sap-config-mode=true?P_CATID=BO&P_TYPEID=BUS2089&P_INSTID=000614330000120800

This cured the problem though I'm unsure whether it is still essential that the static parameters need to exist in the iView configuration. We had many issues at that moment in time I was just pleased to find a solution.

Good luck!

Alan

Former Member
0 Kudos

I believe the answer is to use DynamicParameter.