cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with 711 movement using MB11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All.

I am trying to decrease stock using 711 movement via MB11 transaction.

When I try to take out stock from a Bulk storage type, I get an error:

"Storage type 200 is not suitable as an interface because of capacity check"

Diagnosis

A capacity check is defined for the storage type to which the interim storage posting is to be made that does not allow the posting. In the interim storage areas, only the following capacity checks are made:

1. Capacity check according to weight
    2. Capacity check based on the palletization according to SUT 1
    3. Capacity check based upon the maximum quantity for each storage type are defined.

Procedure

You must either change the capacity check for this storage type or make sure that another storage type is found as interim storage during the interim storage type search from inventory management.

We have capacity check method "Usage check based on material" defined for this storage type.

Is there any workaround to do a 711 in this storage type ?

Thanks,

Ankur

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

mihailo_sundic
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

It's plain and simple, you can't use that capacity check method for a storage type used as interim for movement type 711 (as well as any other movement type).

So, either you change capacity method to the one of the listed in your error message, or you choose another interim storage type.

Sorry, no workarounds on this, unless you want to modify standard SAP code, which would be a huge amount of work to make it right, and still would be vulnerable if you can't do it as user exit or enhancement and I fear it is not possible without modifying standard SAP program.

I don't think there is any case that justifies not simply using another interim ST.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You may already be aware (sorry for wasting your time if you are) but the normal process would be to move stock that is to be scrapped to an interum storage type (or pull from an interum storage type creating a negative there if adjusting up). Not to clear differences directly from the source storage type.

If moved to 999/Lost&Found you can use transaction LI21 to post the inventory clearing for multiple items at once so it not much more work intensive then scrapping manualy with MB11 would be.

Personaly I see some risk involved with allowing the clearing of inventory differences directly from bulk storage.

recoment to use LT01 to move (or pull) the stock into (or from) 999 and clear the difference with LI21