cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What differentiation type value field in BP roles for?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, experts.

I would like to know why the field "differentiation type value" (DFVAL) exists in the table BP Roles (BUT100). I haven't found anything, any documentation,  about this field and how it works.

I see it is one of the table key and I could use it to repeat the same RLTYP without any violation. But I would know what are the reasons, in terms of function.

Regards,

André

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

kamran_farooqui
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Andre,

Well as far as I know this functionality exists in ECC, but as of now I have not encountered this in CRM so didn't have much idea regarding the configuration. While replicating BP's from ECC to CRM if this field populated in ECC then it'll replicate to CRM.

Concept:

You can use this function to differentiate between selected business partner components in order to reflect different points of view.

You process these components on the Maintain Business Partner screen using the Differentiation push button. This provides you option for differentitation for certain business partner data. Here, you can use differentiation criteria to define differentiated values for one and the same component part of the business partner. You can therefore subdivide or differentiate values for similar business partner data according to requirements.

Differentiation could be necessary when you have a business partner who exists as a customer in several branches of your company, and you want certain data to be displayed in the above-named components for each particular branch.

For more details you can check below links for configuration on ECC side;

Differentiation of Business Partner Information - SAP Business Partner for Financial Services - SAP ...

Differentiation Criterion - SAP Business Partner for Financial Services - SAP Library

Editing Differentiated Business Partner Data - SAP Business Partner for Financial Services - SAP Lib...

You can Check same in CRM under Cross-Application Components - Financial Conditions - Edit Differentiation Categories

Regards,

Kamfrk,