cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Promotion Manager error: Promotion Status=Failure : Application not available

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

I know there are numerous quirky things with promotion manager (4.0)  but for the most part we can manage. I have used it numerous times and never seen this error and do not find any info on it.

Promotion Status=Failure : Application not available

All I am doing is trying to promote two crystal 2011 reports only, from our dev to prod, they do not exist in prod. All the services are running fine, What does it mean with application not available? I have the nice green check box on my connections to each environment. Any help is appreciated!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

The problem is in the promotion management tool you have logged in with admin in source and target is with developer, so please logoff and login with admin credentials in both while choosing source and target and try to promote job.

Thanks

Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same issue. Trying to promote two crystal reports from PROD to DEV. All the LCM services in both environments are working absolutely fine. We are in 4.0 SP6 FP1

Resolution Status=Not Applicable, Dependency Status=Not Applicable, Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure : Application not available

There are only two SAP notes, but not very helpful

The issue got resolved after I promoted from PROD to DEV as you suggested, thanks

On a side note we always have crazy issues when promoting Crystal reports.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please paste the entire error.

and are u trying this as an administrator and delegate user.does ur crystal report contains universe or Business views?Please post more

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

Full error:

Resolution Status=Not Applicable, Dependency Status=Not Applicable, Commit Status=Commit attempted and failed., Promotion Status=Failure : Application not available

As Administrator.. no universe no business view.. the only thing is there is a stored procedure within the crystal report.

I got around this but the way I did I do not like.  I created the same promotion job in my dev environment. Same source same destination and it worked. Originally I had done it in my production environment- Same source and same destination. 

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

U should be doing it from one evnironment to other

Such as Dev--> Val

or Val to  Prod

Dev--> Prod

In future is Promotion manager is not working then u can try (if u are using boxi 3.1)import wizard to see reprot from one location to  another.

If your problem is resolved. please close this thread by marking correct or hlepful.

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

Yes, understood about promotion manager. I am not on 3.1 so import wizard is not an option. Thanks for the input though.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can u please mark this as coorect and close this discussion.....

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

No because the error was not defined- I would like to understand what that error is meaning.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ohh I thought it was resolved..

Try the following :

Solution 1:: got CMC in prod --> Servers  and check if all servers are running:

Solution 2:  Try Upgrade Management Tool.(Same as import wizard)

and please tell me are u able to promote other report from source to destination or only this one.is causing this issue.

is this the first? Did u upgrade Bo version recently

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

Nope, I found a work around but it does not define what that error means and as stated previously it will not work in one environment. All services are running fine. This is not the first time we have ever migrated.. we have migrated many times since last year but we do see random quirky things with promotion manager.  We upgrade last year. We are on 4.0 SP7.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as per my  thinking  u need to lodge a SAP support ticket..they might help u more..

Former Member
0 Kudos

The issue had occurred during the promotion of 2 reports using the PM at destination box instead of the source box.

Were you able to replicate the behavior with any other reports having stored procedures.

Also we can try to make a copy of the reports and try to promote them using the PM at destination instead of the source and verify whether we are getting the same results.

It seems that it was a live - live promotion scenario. Any clues if we were to use the LIVE - BAIR and BAIR - LIVE promotion scenario. Will we get the same errors?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jenny,

This suggests an issue with the Promotion Management application altogether on the prod?

Are you able to run any job at all from Prod PM?

Regards,

Sid

former_member197671
Participant
0 Kudos

I am able to run other jobs and do weekly just seems to be one with these two reports. I tried creating the job a couple of different times and neither would process. Same error.. same error with doing a test promotion, trying to send to a file share or email or live to live.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Okay so possible that its related to a component within the report, or the report itself!

You mentioned a stored procedure (am not entirely certain what that is) so maybe there's a component missing in this installation which is present in the DEV that's prohibiting this kind of report from being promoted?

Are both the BO installations identical? (Dev and Prod)

The logs/traces would help more at this stage!