cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection lot sample size is always = 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

All, I have an scenario I've seen in here but with no correct answer.

Here is the case:

(1) material has Buom = LK (link), production uom = M, unit of issue = M

(2) the Unit of Measure table in the additional Data area is :

1 LK LINK <=> 1 LK LINK

3,048 M m <=> 80,000 LK LINK

1 BOX Box <=> 80 LK LINK

(3) There is no sample procedure for this mfg item in the routing, so the production order qty should be the inspection lot sample size

(4) In the QM view of the material master, Buom is LK, Unit of issue = M, and the manual sample entries are not set

(5) For every production order released, the inspection lots for this material have a sample size of 1 M.  It doesn't matter how big or small the production order qty is, sample size is always 1 M.

All other materials with uom the same in all areas, have the correct sample size equal to the production order qty.

I'm assuming this has to do with uom conversion but I can't find where the problem is.

(6)  in Cuni, LK is in the AAAADL (no dimensions) option with Numerator and denominator = 1;  M is in the Length option with the same numerator and denominator = 1

Please any help on this will be great.

Thanks and Regards...

Aida

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member221025
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Aida,

Yes, This post is open for all .

Anyways, Please refer SAP Note 213505  - Sample size 1 for 100% inspection            

I think, this note explains reason and solution for your query.

Amol.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amol, the material on this scenario doesn't have the inspection percentage in the material master set and there's no sample scheme or sampling procedure for any of the characteristics.  So the explanation of the SAP note 213505 doesn't apply here.

All of the materials are set the same, except this one has Buom = LK, unit of issue = M, and production unit = M.  All of the other UOM settings are in my original post.

Thanks for your reply!!!

Aida

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Craig, this is in inspection type 03 (in process).  All of the MICs don't have the Sampling procedure indicator set, so yes to your question.

thanks...

former_member42743
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I couple of things needed here.

What inspection type are your talking about?  03 or 04?

You say no sampling procedures are identified anywhere?  All the MIC's used in the inspection have the sampling procedure indicator ticked off?

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

Craig, do you have additional feedback on this issue?

Also, has this post been released for all to send feedback?

Thanks, Aida