cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Load Error Due to Invalid Grid Function

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello assisted me with solving this previous issue with grid functions. See but now when trying to load the report on a browser via Visual Studio I receive this error on the browser which prevents it from loading. See below:

Can anyone please advise why am I receiving this error? As mentioned it works fine under Crystal Reports but generates an error under Visual Studio when trying to load it into browser.

I can't seem to get this piece working for some time now. Can anyone please assist?

Thanks,

AB

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi AB

Can you please attach the report here - with saved data? (to attach, rename the rpt to .txc. Then upload the txt via the "Use advanced editor" link.

Oh, does the report use any UFLs?

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ludek,

Thank you for your response. What are UFLs? I will attach the file shortly but I just stumbled across my second post below. Do you think this could be the reason? It is a cross tab report with the new integrated grid functionality added in 2008 but not in previous versions. If this is the case of compatibility, I hope this can be solved.

Thanks,

AB

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think compatibility is the problem here - not yet

I'll download the rpt and get back.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Ludek. I anxiously await your response.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

UFL is a User Function Library. But more than likely your query re. what is UFL means you are not using one. Typically you'd know .

Anyhow, I ran the report in a win app and it works fine. Now this is a saved data report. So the next question is; do you get the error running this same saved data report?

If it does, what happens when you refresh the report?

If a saved data report works, but refresh causes the issue, then I'd suspect that there is something that has changed in the database(?).

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ludek. It works perfect in crystal report itself...no issues whatsoever...but when trying to load the report in Visual studio that's where the problems occur and it doesn't not load at all.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yup. In a VB app:

- Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umm, what is the version of the CR assemblies referenced in your project?

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Ludek can please you tell me where do I find the assemblies version?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

???? Are you the developer or are you using an app developed by somebody else? A developer would normally find the references by going to the project properties:

Selecting the "References" tab:

That is what using VB. C# is a bit different, but not that different.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok Ludek. After a long time I finally got it solved thanks to your guidance. It seems the Assemblies i was using was version 10.5 and upgraded to version 12 and all works fine now. I had to get a friend to help me as I am only the Crystal developer.

Thank you so much for your assistance. We would not have guessed it was that.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ahhh!  OK. Now you have to do one more thing; uninstall CR 10.5

This is a must. Else you will find next time you open the project, if it finds the CR 10.5 assemblies on the dev box, it will again use those. It will drive you bonkers.

On a deployed / runtime computer, CR 10.5 and CRVS are fine, but not on a development system.

- Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh my word. You have no idea how much times we struggled with this!! It kept giving a strange error and when we started debugging, there was the 10.5 again! My friend eventually called it an evening but thank you so much for this information. I will tell her about the uninstallation..hopefully this doesnt caused any further problems as we just replaced any reference to 10.5 to version 12.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Oh my word. You have no idea how much times we struggled with this!! It kept giving a strange error and when we started debugging, there was the 10.5 again! My friend eventually called it an evening but thank you so much for this information. I will tell her about the uninstallation..hopefully this doesnt caused any further problems as we just replaced any reference to 10.5 to version 12.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Attached rpt file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok my research has led me to believe there is a version compatibility issue going on here. Someone posted this in another forum who had the same issue

Crystal Report Formula giving error in ASP.Net Website : The Official Forums for Microsoft ASP.NET

"Well the problem was that the version of CrystalDecision libraries i was using was "10.5.3700.0" . However , i had the latest version as well. When i changed the libraries to "14.0.2000.0" everything started working fine.

I am currently using CR 2008 to build the reports but using VS 2008 to deploy via web. How do I proceed from here? I am not sure how this person was able to achieve this as some websites are saying it's not possible.

Thanks,

AB