cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to clear component usage instance

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

I am using a guided process/guided view. In this guided process I am using component IUICOBJD as one of the steps. I have created a component usage for this component.

In my case this component is being used to display a BP hence I am creating a BP entity in WD_USAGE_INITIALIZE method of component controller of guided process page and passing( binding it to context node OBJECT ) it to the component IUICOBJD.

During the guided process, if I create a BP and then click on 'Clear Interaction' button, system clears the data and goes to a default IC search screen. No issues so far. However, if I come again to the guided process, the view  BuilHeader of component IUICOBJD is not being displayed. All I see is a small toolkit button.

Per my understanding - Since system still contains the instance of previous component usage, call doesn't go to WD_USAGE_INITIALIZE.

If I use delete_component method to get rid of component usage instance, it creates other issues for me.

Please let me know if there is any other way to get rid of instance of a component usage.

Regards,

BJ

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member191572
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In the guided view set or in the custom controller, you just clear the clear collection in the method DO_CLEANUP_CONTEXT.This would resolve the issue,.

ceedee666
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi BJ,

why do you need to create the BP entity in the WD_USAGE_INITIALIZE method? Can't you use the DO_INIT_CONTEXT method instead. This method should also be called when you navigate back to your guided process.

Christian