cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What would limit the number of rows retreived for a BO report?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I created the universe - with no limits that I know of.

When I or my user runs a BO report on the universe, the result set is limited to 5000 and the report then sorts only the first 5000 rows for display.

I changed the script to also sort by the Group by columns and then I could tell that it was not truly retrieving all rows prior to adding the sort.

My user has been useing the export to excel inorder for comparing data in the current process to the data in the universe.   We expect 18000 rows.

What could I have done?  Nothing on purpose

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

By default, a universe is limited to 5000 rows of data. If you are using a UNV universe, you can change it in the Parameter setting. If you are using UNX universe, click on the universe name and click on the property to open up a page where you can remove this default setting.

Hope this helps.

simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon,

This is a .unx universe.   I am in  the Information Design Tool  and in Properties tab I see parameters on a tab at the bottom of the page.   I don't mean to be so obtuse but I cannot see anything that limits the number of rows in query selection. 

I appreciate any other direction you can point me.   This thread is moving to the Semantic Layer where it belongs.

Thanks again  I know I must be close but no cigar.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carol, you are close . Last night I replied just off the top of my head. Actually, you should click on the Query Options tab and there are the settings where you can change the query limits.

Hope this helps.

simon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Simon,

It's the little things in life that make me smile.   This corrected the issue.  I feel like Duh!  I knew I had see a limit somewhere.  Made my day!!!

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member4998
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

User want's to export the data into Excel then check total number of rows for all the data providers and Number of rows in the export data are same or not. if it is same then no issue.

WebI Inteliegence Rich Client :

Still you are getting difference b/w number of records in Report and Excel ....check export settings.

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Carol,

Analysis Office doesn't support universes, so I am moving your thread to the Semantic Layer space.

Tammy