Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Short dump while Display/Change transformations - Post SP10 upgrade SAP BW 7.31

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

We are facing issue while display/change transformations, system throws short dumps as attached. Current Upgrade is in progress, SPS 10 to SAP BW 7.3 system.

Before this searched in SCN, Service.sap.com/support all those are not helped and not relevant to the issue which we are facing. If you have face any such issues, Could you please let us know the solution OR a way to arrive a conclusion for the issue?

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,

Umashankar

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Issue was due to upgrade activity on SAP Standard Program 'CL_RSTRAN_TRFN_RULE', there was something not updated properly to this program and caused dumps.

Later we requested the ABAP consultant to check (who also did SPAU changes) the program and revert all the changes implemented on this program. It solved the issue.

I didn't get a chance to see what was the exact problem and what is the correction. Will update the final solution. Stay tuned.

Thanks,

Umashankar

RamanKorrapati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please check this note - 1600464 .

Can you check your transformations status at table RSTRAN.

Can you try to activate your transformation backend program.

you will get transformation program name, from menu extras.

Even if you face the same issue please take sap support.

umashankar_poojar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Matthew,

Yes, we have raised an OSS message, they have come back with suggestion to de-implement all Inconsistent notes in SNOTE.

@Raman,

Checked the note mentioned, but the issue is not because of adding an InfoObject/changing the InfoProvider. Also it is not about inactive transformations, we are facing issue on active transformations. Now it is bit strange, even DTPs going for dumps when we goto execute tab (not even execute).

I'll keep you posted.

Thanks,

Umashankar

matt
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you raised a support call? That may be your most effective route to a solution.

What stage are you at in your upgrade?