cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Stock Transfer Order - Delivery - Availability Check

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I require assistance for delivery creation from Stock Transfer Order (STO). I would appreciate if you could assist in clarifying my queries around Availability check.

We are running consumption based planning for stores; based on reorder point STO’s are created. We are using the standard availability check 02 on our supplying warehouse. So During store STO’s conversions to delivery this is basically checking the availability on the warehouse stock and STO’s are in turn converted to deliveries.  Deliveries created based on the available stock in warehouse. In case we have less stock in warehouse compared to demand from stores, first processed STO gets the full stock.

Following are my questions:

1) Is there any way system can equally divide the stock for the open STO’s. Example if we have 5 STO’s from different stores open, can system divide warehouse quantities for the material equally and supply all the 5 stores.

2) During STO creation in Item details at Delivery Schedule tab, system proposes committed quantity, is there any report which can show order quantity and the committed quantity, so users can have visibility of stock shortages and can make necessary action

We are trying to explore possibility of using standard solution, before we can think of enhancement. Appreciate if you could assist with possible standard solutions appreciate your Inputs.

Regards, Sophia.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The availability check during STO is calculated based on stock availability in supplying plant against each MRP area.

As per the stock availability in delivery plant it will be assigned which are falls the lowest date for schedule lines.As per what i understand it cannot be distributed accordingly for all 5 STO as per your requirement.

Do check the below OSS Notes and wiki Link which will help you to understand much better.

498149 - FAQ: Availability check in purchasing

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60_sp/helpdata/en/43/543835bc0f357ee10000000a11466f/content.htm

Check the report MMBE /MB52 or even you cross check the MD04

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mallinath,

Thank you for your input. We have schedule lines on the same date, with committed quantities. When we convert STO to delivery, first deliveries which are converted getting the stock. your right standard doesn't seem to deliver equal distribution what we are looking for.

Appreciate your input.

Regards, Sophia.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

raviraj_sharma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1-  The Split/division of quantities  can happen at time of Stock transfer PR creation if  you work with Quota arrangement with Split .  I dont think its possible at Delivery level   ,  at time of delivery  the first STO in line will get all the qty available  then next  and so on.

2- There is no standard report which shows the Committed date and quantities.  (although this info is available in EKET, still its not shown in  Reports like ME2M , even after selecting the "delivery schedule " view  )

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raviraj,

thanks for your point 2. there seems to be no report to display committed data and quantities. looks like we need to enhance or create a simple report for the users.

Appreciate your inputs.

Regards, Sophia.

former_member182575
Contributor
0 Kudos

1.  If you turn on SD ATP for the STO then this might be possible.  Other than each STO DN adjust the DN quantity manually.  To allocated based on your rules then you may need APO.

2.  ME2* with EINV dispay if I remember correctly.

Regards

Waza