cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPUI5 iview on Portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have EP 730 and ERP 6 EHP 6 in our landscape which are connected and SSO configured between them. ESS/MSS scenarios are working fine through portal.

Now we have configured SAP Fiori Apps (which are based on SAPUI5 and Netweaver Gateway). We are not using separate system for netweaver gateway. We are using same ECC system for both backend and gatway. So the already configured SSO should work for this Fiori applications as well.

We have a URL for launch page from which all Fiori apps will be accessed. We want to publish this URL on portal. The URL that we are using is:-

https://<hostname_of_ECC>:8443/sap/bc/ui5_ui5/ui2/launchpage/home.html

I need help on couple of things:-

1. Which type of iview should be created for this (for example, URL iview, webservice view etc).

2. What additional configuration will be required to make SSO working for these FIori apps too.

I would appreciate any help on this. Thanks in advance.

Let me know your thoughts.

Regards,

Tom

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You could use the SAPUI5 iView template assumed your portal version meets the requirements. See this discussion thread for details.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

Thanks for your replies.Sorry for late reply as I was not able to test it before.  I have created a URL iview and also SAPUI5 iviews. These both are working as per SSO requirements. But we have an issue with display we are getting for them through portal. Even if we open them in a new window, we do not get proper display or get blank page. When I open developer tools, portal opens in Quirks mode as default mode. And whn i directly opens the URL for Fiori application, it opens is "IE Standards" mode. Anyway we can change our iview to open in "IE Standards" mode. We do not want to change the backend Fiori application. Any setting we can do on portal side to get this working?

Thanks once again for your replies.

Regards,

Tajinder

Former Member
0 Kudos

As indicated in the discussion thread I mentioned, the used portal framework page affects the support of the standards mode. If you use the SAPUI5 iView template and specify the Display in separate headerless portal window (standard mode) it should work regardless of the used portal framework page but in a separate window. If you need integrated support for standards mode, you will have to use one of the portal framework pages supporting it (e.g. Unified Framework Page).

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for your reply. I am not getting any option for "Display in separate headerless portal window (standard mode)". I am getting the below shown options only and I checked by choosing different options, but all have similar results. And mode is also Quirk mode for the new window.

I do not need integrated support. Opening in a separate window would be good enough for me. Is it because of version difference? EP is 730 SP 7.

I checked different notes mentioned. Is there any URL parameter or iview parameter to force standard mode?

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you do not see the option, it means that you don't have support for the SAPUI5 iView template. With NW730 SP07 patch level 11 or higher is required. See SAP note 1900896 and the referenced documents on how to force standards mode in Internet Explorer.

former_member184059
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tom,
Please refer the blog:

Please make settings to run the applications in standard mode on portal as per above blog.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Samuli and Rajendra !

I guess we will have to upgrade our portal to have more options for SAPUI5. I have raised it with client and lets see when get the approval for this.

Thanks once again for your replies. It really helped me to understand more about SAPUI5, portal, IE etc.

I will close this thread and will open a new one if required.

Cheers

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member184059
Contributor
0 Kudos

DearTom,
Please refer below link to create an SAPUI5 iview on portal:

https://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw73/helpdata/en/7d/f8218433ad454dad5fddd189829fad/frameset.htm

For, SSO, you will to have to set your system object as per below help link:User Mapping and the Portal - Configuring the Portal for Initial Use - SAP Library

Best Regards,
Rajendra

hofmann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SSO should work for Fiori apps too when SSO between portal and ABAP is working. Only when ICF is configured to expect something else, you may end up using SAML.

As you want to host anything on ABAP, an iFrame iView looks appropriate. As Fiori uses SAPUI5 and you can copy these JS, CSS, mime files anywhere you want, you can host them on your Portal server too. I think there is already a SAPUI5 component available for SAP Portal. But I guess in that case you'll end up creating a EAR application.