Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP XI/PI - SPS Upgrade & transport Movements

rubanprasanth_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have few Queries related to SPS upgrade in SAP XI/PI and Transport movements.

For example i have 4 environments in my Landscape say A  ->  B -> C -> D.

Current version of XI -  A is 7.1 SP 13 ( Upgraded )

Current version of B,C,D are 7.1 SP 08 (Yet to upgrade ).

At this point of time if i move my transports ( both ID and IR objects) from A to B (I.e from Higher version to lower version) will i face any issues ?

what is advised to move the transports successfully ? Kindly also give me few details on that.

Regards,
Ruban.S

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rubanprasanth_s
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I have learnt the following from the experts:

1. At this point of time if i move my transports ( both ID and IR objects) from A to B (I.e from Higher version to lower version) will i face any issues ?

Not always and not all objects . But some time we do face some issues especially in the BPM scenarios.

2. what is advised to move the transports successfully ?

It is always advisable to move the transports between two equal versions or from Lower version to Higher version.

Regards,
Ruban.S

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruban,

Were you able to add B, C, D in the transport path i.e. stms_path tcode?

If yes then you can import. The only exception is while upgrading to PI 7.3. Below is notes from PI 7.3 upgrade document.

1. Before you start the upgrade you should ensure that there are no running or scheduled

transports from the Development system to your QA or Production system and that the

transport path (the blue arrows) from your development system is shut down.

2. After you have upgraded your PI 7.3 you can no longer use it to patch the Production system

so you need to prepare your QA system to handle this. This then converts you existing PI

systems into a two tier landscape while your Development System is being upgraded and

tested.

Thanks,

Prudhvi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ruban

if the transported objects contain any configuration which will only work in the desired SP level,

then there might be a problem while transporting the objects from A to B,C,D.

But as far as I know this will affect only very limited objects.

It will be good to have all the environments in the same SP level.