Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding Workbook Filters

former_member212698
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts ,

I have created Workbook  having 2 queries  ,  each query on different tab ( SFG , FG).

On First tab , I can see Chart , Filters and Information  button  however on  2nd tab I am unable to see those buttons .

I need those buttons on 2 nd  tab also  as user wants to use filters (to add free characteristics , restrict by values  etc ..)

I have attached screenshots for your reference .

Kindly Suggest .

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member212698
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman ,

I have checked Global settings  but there no option for filters ...

Hi Kumar ,

I can not see option whic you have mentioned .

Kindly suggest .

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If I have understood you correctly, you have opened a Query in Analyzer and saved it as Workbook by "Save Workbook". You have opened it and inserted a new worksheet and put "Insert Analysis Grid" and assigned a new DP to it.

Chart, Filter and Information Buttons comes up in Analyzer but cannot come in workbook design in new sheet because we don't have any privilege to add them through standard options in design mode.

An ideal workbook has to be created like below:--

Regards,

Suman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh,

Can I ask you if you execute the report for the tab with data in the same file that you are using and later on, you execute the other one (tab with no filters) on other file and paste on the file that you are using as workbook?

Have you thought about building it with version 3.5 (friendlier for workbooks)?

It would be needed to execute the first report on one tab, and place in another tab of teh Excel  press the Business explorer tool (third icon from the right) and "Insert query", and execute the report that you need.

I hope it helps!

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member212698
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Suman ,

Yes , You have understood correctly .

I have gone through your suggested link , problem is solved

Thanks a lot ....

Regards,

Ganesh Jagdhane

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Nice to know that Ganesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can get them using layout button shown below. This will enable 'display text elements' after refresh. You may choose filters or variables as per need.

If these are required with the opening of workbook, we need to save the workbook in roles.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ganesh,

You can try to use function 'Copy Sheet' , and after change the query in the dataprovider.

Regards

Romain Foyart

former_member212698
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Romain ,

Your suggestion is not working ...

Regards,

Ganesh Jagdhane

former_member182470
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you tried workbook global settings?