cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Directory - Org Unit Listing Not Returning Any Results

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Everyone,

We are using Nakisa v4.1 on EHP7.0 at the moment. In the user interface, Directory > Org Unit Listing is not returning any results while Employee and Position Listings are working just fine.

What would be the cause ?

Appreciate your help,

Kind regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tunc.

Is this a live (vs. staged) build?

Can the structure be visualised - i.e. do you know that any structural auths are compatible (live) or your extract & join worked correctly (staged)?

When you try the search what is shown in the cds.log? Any errors?

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using a live build copied from SAP_Live_RFC.

Below you can find what the cds.log says when I try to search an organizational unit.

2289. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:22 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - ...Request is not required to be verified. For action: setsearch. For processor OrgChartAppEventProcessor

2290. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:22 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Invoking action:setsearch [ORGUNIT_NAME, contains, deneme]. For processor OrgChartAppEventProcessor. Against controller OrgChartCtr

2291. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:22 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Strings.decodeURIComponent , encoded=deneme , decoded= deneme

2292. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:22 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - ...Request is not required to be verified. For action: updateNotifications. For processor NotificationsProcessor

2293. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:22 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Invoking action:updateNotifications []. For processor NotificationsProcessor. Against controller NotificationsCtr

2294. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:22 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - updateNotifications on NotificationsProcessor took: 1ms

2295. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:22 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner.executeFunctionDirect: /NAKISA/OC_OU_LISTING took: 32ms

2296. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:22 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - setsearch on OrgChartAppEventProcessor took: 86ms

2297. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:22 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.utility.PostRequestActionRegister.callAction(PostRequestAction) : Calling: PostRequestAction [class=com.nakisa.framework.data.commandProcessor.impl.sap.FunctionRunner, method=releaseAllClients]

2298. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:25 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - ...Request is not required to be verified. For action: setsearch. For processor OrgChartAppEventProcessor

2299. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:25 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Invoking action:setsearch [ORGUNIT_NAME, contains, test]. For processor OrgChartAppEventProcessor. Against controller OrgChartCtr

2300. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:25 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Strings.decodeURIComponent , encoded=test , decoded= test

2301. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:25 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - ...Request is not required to be verified. For action: updateNotifications. For processor NotificationsProcessor

2302. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:25 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Invoking action:updateNotifications []. For processor NotificationsProcessor. Against controller NotificationsCtr

2303. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:25 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner.executeFunctionDirect: /NAKISA/OC_OU_LISTING took: 28ms

2304. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:25 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - updateNotifications on NotificationsProcessor took: 1ms

2305. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:25 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - setsearch on OrgChartAppEventProcessor took: 73ms

2306. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:25 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.utility.PostRequestActionRegister.callAction(PostRequestAction) : Calling: PostRequestAction [class=com.nakisa.framework.data.commandProcessor.impl.sap.FunctionRunner, method=releaseAllClients]

2307. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:28 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - ...Request is not required to be verified. For action: setsearch. For processor OrgChartAppEventProcessor

2308. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:28 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Invoking action:setsearch [ORGUNIT_NAME, contains, kalite]. For processor OrgChartAppEventProcessor. Against controller OrgChartCtr

2309. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:28 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Strings.decodeURIComponent , encoded=kalite , decoded= kalite

2310. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:28 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - ...Request is not required to be verified. For action: updateNotifications. For processor NotificationsProcessor

2311. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:28 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - Invoking action:updateNotifications []. For processor NotificationsProcessor. Against controller NotificationsCtr

2312. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:28 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - updateNotifications on NotificationsProcessor took: 1ms

2313. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:28 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - FunctionRunner.executeFunctionDirect: /NAKISA/OC_OU_LISTING took: 43ms

2314. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:28 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - setsearch on OrgChartAppEventProcessor took: 94ms

2315. 18 Apr 2014 07:05:28 INFO com.nakisa.Logger - com.nakisa.framework.utility.PostRequestActionRegister.callAction(PostRequestAction) : Calling: PostRequestAction [class=com.nakisa.framework.data.commandProcessor.impl.sap.FunctionRunner, method=releaseAllClients]

Regards.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't see anything other than INFO entries in the log. You didn't say if you could visualise the structure? I'm assuming you can and that your OU data issue is therefore just related to the OU search.

What happens if you run the function via SE37 in SAP with the same parameters as are passed in from OrgChart (you could trace in AdminConsole first and compare parameters and results). Do the results vary? This might highlight whether the issue is in the app or the SAP/Add-on side.

Former Member
0 Kudos

It's because there is nothing else in the log related to this issue 😕 I can visualise the structure and the only problem is about searching OU Data in the OrgUnit Listing part.

I have compared the /NAKISA/OC_OU_LISTING function which is used by NAKISA on R3 System with same parameters and I am having all the OU data outcome completely with all the related details such as manager name, OU_ID etc.. When I made a RFC Trace on Admin Console and output part of the returned data was all empty.

I haven't changed any standart customization in the Admin Console part and I am using it as it is. What could be the problem ?

Regards.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

So if your parameters matched the function is working, but the data is not being fed into OrgChart correctly.

I'd next try a couple of things...

First restart the application in NetWeaver Admin. There's some caching such that if the function is modified you need to restart the app to pick up the changes. Maybe something in the cache is corrupt such that a restart could clear it.

If the issue persists after a restart, try creating a new out if the box build - i.e. just SAP connection strings, authentication and root IDs set. This should highlight if it is related to your configuration or to the app/install.

I haven't seen anyone else posting here with similar issues on 4.1 (I've not worked on 4.1 just yet) so it would seem more likely to be a localised issue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

What you mean by restarting the application is going to NetWeaver Administrator, under Java Applications, there is OrgChart component. If you meant that, we stopped and restarted it but the result is the same.

About the second option; I have copied a build from SAP_Live_RFC and only used connection string, set the authentication mechanism as anonymous and took the root ID from R3 system. Apart of that, I haven't changed anything in the configuration of build. Result is unfortunately the same.

Do you think it can be an issue in the standart listing configuration under Listing -> New Listing -> SAP RFC -> OrgUnit Listing ? I display the configuration there, maybe if I send you a screenshot of it, there is a field that might need to be changed ?

I know 4.1 is a new product. Thus the assistance level can not be as high as the previous versions at the moment.

In this situation, what can be done to solve this problem ? Raise an OSS note or wait for a package upgrade etc. ? Plus, what do you mean by localisation issue ?

Regards.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Tunc.

By restarting the OrgChart application I meant exactly as you had described.

If the issue is still occurring as you have described for your minimal configuration build that would suggest an underlying issue within the application rather than in your configuration.

My reference to "localised" (not "localisation" ... that would be something different) was simply that I would have expected that if this issue had affected everyone using OrgChart 4.1 there would be more people raising this as a possible issue here on SCN.  Since they hadn't I was suggesting that there was a greater chance that the issue was localised and affecting just your implementation.  However it is still quite new and given you are using a minimal configuration out of the box build and could reproduce the issue that would suggest that it is more likely to be an issue with the application.

You could review the configuration around the directory listing and try and work through the logic for the data being passed through.  As the parameters matched between your earlier trace test and test in SE37 and the data was only being returned in SE37 I think this is a sign that there may be a mismatch in the field mappings.  So I would start reviewing form the data element configuration back through to the listing configuration - i.e. I would be taking a look at the XML files to get the clearest view of what is going on.

If that isn't something you know how to review, the best option may simply be to raise an OSS (see here for information on how to do this).  A benefit of this way if there is a product issue SAP/Nakisa will release a fix for everyone.  The down side is that it may take longer to get a solution (assuming that it is even possible to fix the issue without a product fix of course).  I would not sit back and wait for a fix as if people don't report an issue, it won't be investigated and as a result would not be resolved - you can never simply assume that an issue is known and being worked on.  You should always report an issue ... the options are simply whether you report the symptoms or you report the symptoms and any solution you may have produced.

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have solved the problem. As I don't have too much ABAP knowledge, I have debugged the function /NAKISA/OC_OU_LISTING with an ABAPer and the problem is that although Nakisa is logging in English language to the system, our organization unit objects are stored in Turkish(TR) language as it is not a supported language in Nakisa.

I have used RE_RHTRANS0 transaction so as to change the object records' language info. I made it English and the problem solved now.

Thanks for your interest and long response Stephen.

Regards.

StephenMillard
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Tunc.

Great to hear the issue is now resolved.

I have to admit I was a little surprised as I would have expected this to have been one of the parameters being passed in and for there to have been the same result between the trace and the run in SE37.  Maybe it was defaulting in some way?

Still the important thing is that it is working now!

Regards,

Stephen.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tunç,

That' sound exciting

Meanwhile, in any abap code related to Nakisa; if you change SY-LANGU to Turkish and English, you can overcome these type of issues literally.

Answers (0)