cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Specification Deletion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I wanted to delete the specification but unable to perform the same as this specification has one reports which is in Hi-Historical status which means for this specification there is entry in ESTDH table with one document Key.

i have deleted that document from DMS but still entry from ESTDH is not removed resulting specification is not getting deleted...

In this case, How to delete this specification?

Kindly Advise.

Thanking You !

Regards

Amol Bhaskar Joshi

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member198518
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Amol,

It's not possible to delete specifications for which reports with status Completed or Historical are assigned. If you want to delete, firstly, reject the report in the Report Management.

You can also check the following documentation in order to get further details about this process:

http://help.sap.com/erp2005_ehp_04/helpdata/EN/ec/32b23a2410ab26e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Best Regards,

Camila Zilles

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Camila & Christoph,

Thanks for reply.

In this particular case,

1) CG50, show a report in HI-Historical status. I have tried to Reject it but getting an error - Action 'Reject' is not allowed for reports in status HI

2) There is entry for this specification in ESTMJ table with document Key.

3) I have gone to DMS, CV02N, set deletion mark for that document and saved

4) later, ran MCDOKDEL and from there deleted the document permanently

5) Now, again i am checking ESTMJ, still entry is there and because of that, specification is not getting deleted.

Can you please guide me, what next i need to do in order to delete spec in this case.

Thanking you,

Regards

Amol

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

1) CG50, show a report in HI-Historical status. I have tried to Reject it but getting an error - Action 'Reject' is not allowed for reports in status HI

=> CG50/CG54 contains in the background several tables which are related to entry in ESTDH. So you should not "delete" it. BUt if you have the need. use debug and replace and just set the "Del" Flag. But do the same in any depending table !! (and pay attention !)

2) There is entry for this specification in ESTMJ table with document Key.; the content in ESTDH "hinders" from deleting the specificatioN. The same is treu if you have still a link ESTRH <=> ESTMJ: use debeg and replace and set the "del" Flag in ESTMJ (and PAY ATTENTION as your material is now linked to no specification in most cases !")

3) I have gone to DMS, CV02N, set deletion mark for that document and saved;

this step is only a kind of "clean" up activity but can be done (as well I assume in most cases only by using debug and replace)

4) later, ran MCDOKDEL and from there deleted the document permanently

I assume you can ram it if you have executed the steps before

5) Now, again i am checking ESTMJ, still entry is there and because of that, specification is not getting deleted.

=> you must use eizther debug and replace to get rid of ETSMJ entry (just use Del flag) and you should assign the material to different specification

IN any case: this action is "critical". Using debug and replace is the last option you should really use. Any chang elog regarding the specifciaiotn will stay in the system; you might get "mess" (if you do not pay attention) in DG filling, SVT topics etc. etc.etc.  If you have a full EHS set up (witg SVT, DG, SDS distrbution etc. etc. ) you should not delete the specification and if so you should be prepared for Audits etc.

Why is the specification "hindering" you? What is the business reason to get rid of it? What about the option to generate a new substance authorization group move the specification in this group. If you use proper access concept nobody would see this specification any more (only support/consultant) I would use this option.

C.B.

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

only some add on to explanation of Camila: As long as a specifciaiotn does have a

- report (WW) in whatever status

- a material assignment

- is used as a component or as reference

you can not delete it. If you are dealgin with a topic in dev or qual system. Just use Debug replace to remove the entries (e.g. by using del Flag); if we are talking about a prod system you should not do it.

At least: if a material is attached to the specifciaiotn DON' DO IT !! (Never ever !!) You will a mess in your database structure 

Be ware of the fact that you need not opnly to consider ESTDH; there are a lot fo over tables to think about.

The deletion of specifictions which are "used" in EH&S is nealry not possible or the risks regarding that are very high

C.B:

PS: If you are using ALE, Dangerous goods etc. and other subsequent EH&S processes: NEVER EVER DELETE YOUR SPECIFICATION (if a material ios loinked to it).