cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RC1PHDEL for Specific Data

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

As we all know, with the help of RC1PHDEL we can 1) mark for deletion & 2) physically delete the EHS master data.

Now, I wanted to delete only specification and not other data e.g. phrases etc..., , can we do it via RC1PHDEL? if yes, how?

Kindly Advise.

Thanking You,

Regards

Amol Bhaskar Joshi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

hope you are fine?! This report has been discussed rarely here. E.g. https://scn.sap.com/thread/625353

E.g. as well: consolut - RC1PHDEL - EHS: Set Missing Deletion Indicators and Physically Delete Data

I need to recheck the report but normally it is only related to specification data and not phrases. I am not sure if you can separet specification and phrases for deletion etc.

That means: on specification level some "Del" flag is set (for this cases there it is missing and data is "obsolet" and for other cases you can use oit to delete "physical" any data record in database having a "Del" flag attached. IN most cases the report is only used to set the "missing" Del flag.

What is your business background for this question?

Check eg.

http://sapsolved.com/ehs-management/recnroot-is-blank-in-estmj.htm

[Solved] Phrase Deletion

[Solved] Extraction program for EH&S (EH&S to XI scenario)

C.B.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Christoph,

I am doing fine. Thank You.

As per my understanding, RC1PHDEL is for ALL EHS master data including phrases, specification etc.

so looking for an option to run this program for specific object e.g. Specificaiton.

Thanking you !

Regards

Amol

christoph_bergemann
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Amol

report RC1PHDEL does have no really "significant"  selection option. Normally this report is scheduled as a job to run once a day, or once a week etc. to set the "Delflag". Rarely it is used to delete physically something from data base (and there are very good reaons not to delete physically).

To my knowledge it can not be used e.g to get rid of one specific specification and the data related to it (e.g. ).

This would be my proposal: if you have the need to delete something (or do clean up actions) on regular basis you should prepare a "Secondary Data determination" function to do so. This would be then realized as a function module. Now based on hit list you could select specific specification to run there a clean up action.

The same solution might be possible for phrases (refer to: there are two Menu Exits in phrase management

C1120001EHS: Menu exit 1 of phrase managementYes
C1120002EHS: Menu exit 2 of phrase managementYes

I hope this helps a little bit.

C.B: