Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Receive Background Job Log over Email

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

We have a requirement where we need the job log for a background job over email.

The job did not produce any spool so i don't need spool. I already know how to send spool via email.

But, just wanted to know if we can do some settings and send the Job Log in a similar way over email.

I already searched the topic in the forum and found that i can see that it has been discussed several times but i guess none of the method works effectively.

Please provide step by step process if possible.

Thanks for your help

• Ravi Pinjani.
5 REPLIES 5

hemanth2
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi ravi,

Hope you are doing good.

There is  no standard way of doing this, the functionality doesn't exist. You can however configure SCOT and then send the job log PDF over email.

Thank you and have a nice day :).

Kind Regards,

Hemanth

SAP AGS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Hemanth,

Thanks for the clarifcation

I enquired from my basis team and they are only aware of the Spool been sent over email from SCOT.

Can you please put some more light on how it can be achieved using SCOT for JOB LOG.

Also, please provide step by step process or some useful links if possible.

Thanks a lot

• Ravi Pinjani.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Your Basis team is correct - it's not feasible to send the Job Log by email. The only option I could think of is to write a custom program to read the job log and email it, but it seems like too much of an effort.

Is there any specific reason why you need a job log by email?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jelena,

We have background jobs scheduled to process Outbound and Inbound Idocs in parent and cchild system, the program processing the Idocs with status yellow(warning) does not produce any output in the form of spool, it only shows in the job log the no. of Idocs processed. Any method to push this no. of Idocs in job log to email.

Thanks.

• Ravi Pinjani.

Jelena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As mentioned, there seems to be no option to send job log by email (not sure if it's feasible in the job scheduling solution that costs extra $$$$$). Perhaps you could build a query for an EDI table and run that instead to show the updates in the last X hours/days/etc.?

Our users just run BD87 regularly to process the errors, there is also error notification / workflow that comes with the IDocs. If I was a user I'd probably have very little interest in knowing how many IDocs were processed, as long as they were processed with no errors. Just IMHO, of course.