Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (10)

Answers (10)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KVKR,

In your case apart from the first reference number the other references are not complete and thus SAP is not able to identify all the line items.

Please go through the help document in the search string node for electronic bank statement in SPRO on how to enhance the note to payee i.e. Tag 86 details.

You might need to define a search string, use correct interpretation algorithm for clearing customer line items. The clearing criteria gets stored in the FEBCL table for each transaction in MT940 file.

Regards

Nikhil Kothari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please find attached the documents which give full information with Screen shots.

Thanks & Regards

KVKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thanks a lot for all your inputs.  They were so helpful.  I finally could upload the file after solving the Bank Key and Account number issue.  Now, the system is not able to pick the customer line items as (I feel) they are given in the line item area and not in header area.  I am attaching the sample upload file.  Please check and give your inputs.

Once again thanks a lot for your support.

Regards

KVKR

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi KVKR

Please provide more details on your further issue as just by giving the screenshot of the MT940 file won't resolve it.

You need  provide some details like your requirement, your configuration setup, issue after the file upload, corresponding data that is appearing in the file, etc.

Hope with this detail information someone in the community would resolve your issue more quickly.

Regards

Nikhil Kothari

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check - Path -- SPRO _ IMG - Financial Accounting (New)  --Bank Accounting --Business Transactions --Payment Transactions  --Electronic Bank Statement  -Make Global Settings for Electronic Bank Statement  --- give chart of accounts  -- create key for posting --

and FI12 - please check in House bank master data - FI12 -- House Bank data -  maintain -  Bank key - xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

maintain outgoing Bank also Bank key

Then you can upload BRS

Thanking you

Mahesh

former_member251898
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Though I am not sure which format of EBS you receive from bank, This should relate to the House bank identification that bank statement sends you is not recognised by SAP via FF.5.

By Standard, FF.5 recognised house bank ID as firstly the combination of bank key and bank account number or IBAN. If that is not the case or you have 2 House banks/Account ID with the same information, the system generate this error message.

I would suggest first that you identifiy what House bank Identifier banks sends within EBS file. The solution would be to use alternative account number field in FI12. If Bank sends a different ID format from the above mentioned, you enter the same ID in this field, whereas if you have more than one house bank with the same ID, you may put . in the field so as to receive EBS update into only one house bank.

hope that this helps.

kind regards.

Taro

anand_raichura
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please provide the screen shot of the file you are trying to uploaded or as suggested by other members try to find out what is entered at place of bank key and account number. As the long text of the error message suggest that you might have uploaded file with error if error message does not contain a bank key or an account number.

Extract from Message FB736

"If the house bank accounts are maintained correctly, you have probably imported a file with errors. This is particularly the case if this error message does not contain a bank key or an account number."

Regards,

Anand Raichura

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check the bank account/routing number from first line in the bank statement exists in config (tcode OT55)

former_member183378
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi K V K R,

Exact reason of this error is the bank key and bank account number which you have maintained in the file is not configured in SAP. Please configure the same else pls maintain the correct parameters in the file before you go for upload.

I hope it helps else revert us with your query.

Thanks & Regards,

Lakshmi S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be your house bank account number and bank account number in the uploading file is different.

Regards,

Mohammed Kalim

shanid_mp
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

It may be the problem in the file which you are uploading as the bank key which you have provided in file is incorrect.

Check the bank key & account position in file.

Regards

Shanid