cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Diag work process in WP_KiLL state after kernel upgrade from 7.01 to 7.41 in CRM Server with Oracle 11G and HP-UX 11

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am working on upgrade on my CRM 7.0 System. We need to upgrade this system to CRM 7.0 EHP3. During Upgrade we Updated kernel to 7.41 as was suggested in SAP -Note - 1639578 - SSFS as password storage for primary database connect and did all SSFS related activities.

Now we are able to get R3trans -d as 00 but DISPATCHER is not coming up.

After startsap We can see the staus of all the workprocess in DISPATCHER as WP_KILL

Below errors can be seen in dev_disp log file :-

3y0CBdev_disp (10%)@43y0C43y0C*** ERROR => DpHdlDeadWp: W3 (pid 3926) died (severity=0, status=65280) [dpxxwp.c     1319]
43y0CBdev_disp (10%)@43y0C43y0CDpTraceWpStatus: child (pid=3926) exited with exit code 255

and below errors are in dev_w1

3y0CBdev_w1 (84%)@43y0C43y0CH  HTTP> Parameter icf/ssocookie_mandatory set to 0
43y0CBdev_w1 (84%)@43y0C43y0CA  *** ERROR => ab_init: This kernel version may run with SAP_BASIS version 701 in preput scenarios only! [abinit.c     696]
43y0CBdev_w1 (85%)@43y0C43y0CM  *** ERROR => ab_init failed (-1) [thrtAbapEnv. 548]
43y0CBdev_w1 (86%)@43y0C43y0CM  *** ERROR => ThrtAbapEnvInit2 failed (-1) [thxxext.c    497]
43y0CBdev_w1 (86%)@43y0C43y0CM  ***LOG R19=> ThInit, ThStartUp2 ( RUNT-000001) [thxxhead.c   1249]
43y0CBdev_w1 (87%)@43y0C43y0CM  in_ThErrHandle: 1
43y0CBdev_w1 (87%)@43y0C43y0CM  *** ERROR => ThInit: ThStartUp2 (step TH_INIT, thRc ERROR-CORE-INTERNAL_ERROR, action STOP_WP, level 1) [thxxhead.c   2276]

Please help to resolve this issue.

Dev_disp amd dev_w9 files are  attached here .

Thanks,

Alok

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

The kernel you are trying to as target kernel may not be the compatible one for your system as our Friend Mr. Deepak said. The matter to observe is the source & target kernel are in EXT or REL(normal) mode. Could you check the downloaded kernel was for your correspondence OS or not? Could you check that there is no Network related issue/collision also in the server where you are trying to perform this activity?

Here if you go upgrading the Component SAP_BASIS, then it would be recommended to upgrade all the components to a same level. I think it will work fine with SAP_BASIS & all the other components for version 7.40. May be when you can use the older kernel & start the SAP, you will find the SAP_BASIS component is in very downgraded version. So it seems that the upgraded Components version will definitely fix this issue.

Thanks,

Kaushik

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In our Windows matter for registering the SAP service in MMC, we would register in sapstartsrv using the Start Profile, yours is I guess taking the instance profile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Since no answer can be found on this topic,

my situation was corrected this way:

This issue is happening because of a wrong  SUM version

for the target release a higher version of SUM needs to be used.

For that you reset the upgrade as it is mentioned in the SUM guide

and start the upgrade using the latest SUM version available on
http://service.sap.com/swdc

Additional Components -> Upgrade Tools-> SL TOOLSET-> SL TOOLSET
1.0->

Entry by Component-> Software Update Manager (SUM)

You
could also have a look to its central note.

1878193 - Central Note -
Software Update Manager 1.0 SP10

Regards,

Roger

former_member182657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please share the upgrade details on which phase currently you're now and this error comes on which system on source or shadow.

Meanwhile you can refer SCN link

Regards,

Gaurav

Reagan
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Use kernel release 740.

It worked for me

Regards

RB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Reagan,

I have upgraded the kernel to 740 now and DISPATCHER seems up but now I am facing a new issue.

When I try to login to the system GUI throws this below issue :-

Syntax error in program SAPMSSY30

Please suggest

Regards,

Alok

Sriram2009
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok

Could you paste the details error log message / dump or screen shot?

BR

SS

kaus19d
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Always it is recommended to upgrade up-to (n-1) version, if (n) is the latest version, so that no issues come in our SAP users work & longer downtime not require

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

Looks like Kernel 7.41 is not support for your SAP version. Can you downgrade it to 7.40 and test it.

Refer compatibility information in SAP note 1969546 - Release Roadmap Kernel 740

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

We are working on Upgrade and this Kernel we downloaded with SAP CRM 7.0 EHP3 Softwrae stack calculated using MOPz in solution manager.

Is their any basic diffrence between Kernels till 7.40 and 7.41. Is it possible to see if My system will support kernel 7.40 or not. What this below error means ?

ERROR => ab_init: This kernel version may run with SAP_BASIS version 701 in preput scenarios only! [abinit.c     696]

What is Preput Scenarios ?

Regards,

Alok

former_member188883
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alok,

The error implies non-compatibility of existing kernel release with the SAP release installed\upgraded.

Preput is an upgrade phase during the shadow instance run.

As per the SAP note shared above you may check the compatibility with SAP release and patch level.

Additional information can be found in PAM www.service.sap.com/PAM

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Deepak Kori

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepak,

I have upgraded the kernel to 740 now and DISPATCHER seems up but now I am facing a new issue.

When I try to login to the system GUI throws this below issue :-

Syntax error in program SAPMSSY30

Please suggest

Regards,

Alok