cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

help in service tax code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hii experts... i have got a unique requirement from my client... he wants to create a service tax e.g s0 which has service tax 0%... but they want to calculate tax on base amount.. this is entry is like that..

Prof. expense 112.36

to tds                10

to vendor           102.36

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you want to charge service tax amount and TDS amount - then please maintain - FV11 - service tax conditions and - TDS part - maintain in vendor master data - WHT code & Type

then system will calculate both amount in MIRO

Thanking you

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey mahesh thanks for the reply.. i have maintained fv11 with 0%... and assigned tds to vendor master

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

then do Two PO's to vendor - one PO with service tax code - another PO without service tax code - do MIRO

Thanking you

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey mahesh... thankss for the reply.... my client says all should work like in fi aslo... soo whenever i do something... he tries that in fi first.... so anyway to fufil his requirement

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

then you have to create New Service tax code - without taxes

copy old tax code make it as a New Tax code

Thanking you

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey mahesh i created service tax code without taxes but then tds is not cming which i want...

entry with service tax (s1)                             entry with service tax but not to calculate(s0)

Prof  tax100       tax code-s1                                  prof tax 112.36   s0

service tax 12 s1                                                    to tds 10

edu .24   s1                                                              to vendor 102.36

high .16  s1

to tds 10
to vendor 100

sooo in conclusion.. tds should be same... soooo need to create a service tax code...for that

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Could you please tell me what condition types you are assigning to Tax Code S0??

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ranu....i copied the code v0 to s0 soo the condition would be vs1 acc key and condition JMOP... which might be wrong... i donno its wrong or write and might be the reason for error.. please help.. if i m wrong.. please help

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Have you assigned Tax Code in OB40??

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ranu.. and hey i have done that in ob40

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi abhay,

Please let us know the condition types assigned to Tax code S0

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ranu i have assigned condition type jmop to s0 and maintained the same in ob40 also and fv11 aslo

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Why it is JMOP???

What are the condition type maintained in the system??

Kindly assign those condition types with zero value and check.

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ranu... actually i copied the code s0 from v0 thts why it gone to condition v0... there are many conitions type maintained in system... guide me to which condition i should i assign????

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Please assign as shown in screen shot.

And please assign the same in OB40 as well.

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ranu... when i assign to jec3, jes5, and then to jsvd... it throws a error like define tax code at level 250 which is under condtion JSER.. then i assign to level 250... it throws a error of define tax at level 640 which is under condition st1.. should i assign them all?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ranu... i assigned all the levels... it finally went to condition jser, jec5 and jes3... and done in ob40... but still its the same as before...

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Could send me the screen shot of OBYZ.

Go to T code OBYZ and then procedures and provide me the full screen shot of that.

Regards

Eugene

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Please don't change anything in your TAXINN procedures.

Please provide the screen shot.

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ranu.. u need screenshot of all conditions or u need specific

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

All conditions.

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

Please send the screen shot again because in your screen shot Description,From Ref. Step for Percentage Conditions and To Reference Step(for percentages) is missing.

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ranu here are the screenshots

former_member191939
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi abhay,

Please find the screen shot.

Please see I have marked what is missing in your screen shot.

Regards

Eugene

Former Member
0 Kudos

here are the screenshots

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey ranu attached the screenshots in 3 parts and this is last part

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please check your configuration of WHT ( withholding tax settings ) in SPRO-

create WHT type and Code - and maintain in Vendor Master data as per requirement % ,

Path : FA(New) -> Financial Accounting Global Settings (New) ->  Withholding Tax->  Extended Withholding Tax -> Calculation -> Define Withholding Tax Type for Invoice Posting.

then do service PO , service entry sheet , MIRO - then system automatically calculate TDS on Basic amount

Thanking you

Mahesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey mahesh.. i have config all that the tds part is working perfectly .... but they want a new service tax code but they dont want service to be calculated like line item item 4,5,6 and want the tds amount to be same...sooo if i change the tds config... it will go in gross and go other tax codes aslo which they want...

vivek_srivastava12
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhay,

You are trying to post TDS...

When you create Withholding Tax Type under Calculation--Base AMount--> Click on Gross Amount..this will work.

br,Vivek

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey vivek.. thanks for the reply... actually he wants me create a new tax code through which the tds amount comes net... becz according to new law... there is not tds on service tax... of if service tax is calculated system..sooo now the clients gave me entry by bth ways like follows and both have same tds code assigned

1st scenerio..through service tax code s1(service tax 12%+edu 2+high edu 1) Solved

professional exp 25000s1

service tax   3000 s1

high edu    60s1

edu    30s1

to tds 2500 (which goes on base amount-25000)

to vendor 25590

2nd scenerio s0(service tax edu +high edu ) unsolved

Professional exp 28090 s0( i want to create service tax code could calculated service tax in background and keep the tds same in 1st scenerio)

to tds 2500

to vendor 25590.. please help to solve the scenerio 2

regards,

Abhay