cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Digital Signature with WebDynpro form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a requirement to implement simple digital signature (user name + password) in a webdynpro form (as part of HCM Processes and Forms tool). I tried to search for information about it in SAP Help, SCN and the following notes: 700495 and 1105751, but unfortunatly I didn't find a step by step guide to implementing it with webdynpro form.

Do you have any experience with digital signature?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can use the Web Dynpro component SIGNATURE (part of SAP_ABA) in your own component. To familiarize yourself with implementation of Digital Signatures in SAP, see this document.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samuli,

Thanks for the link. It's a great document, but it was written in 2006 and it seems to me that many things have been changed. It also doesn't mention digital signature with webdynpro forms.

I would like to add a digital signature to Webdynpro form of HCM Processes and forms tool without any extra development.

Is it possible? how?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The document is still relevant. I used it and the provided SIGNATURE Web Dynpro component to implement digital signing in a custom Web Dynpro component. Similar implementation exists for example in PLM. I'm afraid you will have to do some development although most of the pieces are there.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks!

What do you think about digital signature with SSO? It's written that it is possible to combine simple digital signature (user name + password) with SSO, but I couldn't find a place that describes how.

As I see it, SSO actually cancels the functionality of simple digital signature (user name + password) since the user don't know (and doesn't need to know) what is his or her password, so it seems to me the it is impossible to implement together digital signature and SSO...

Do you have any suggestions?

If will be able to use SAP digital signature with Active Directory password , than I beleive that it will work together with SSO. Do you know if it is possible?

Former Member
0 Kudos

See this discussion thread for details. Short answer: SAP provides a solution for SAP GUI using an ActiveX component. It is possible that there are 3rd party solutions providing wider support.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

sahirn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What is the business need for user authentication on the FPM form?

You could have custom fields defined using a generic service and mark the concerned field property as password field in the FPM form layout designer.

Regards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Legal issues.

I'm looking for a solution that requires minimal development and that can work with SSO, meaning it can check password against Windows' password.