cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP BO Dashboard 4.1 Support pack 1, exported swf file URL component problem - Office 2013

Former Member
0 Kudos

All

We are using SAP BO 4.1 SP1 with office 2013 32bit Installed. But in the model we developed one url button is used. This button funtioning as expected in preview mode but if we export it to office 2013 Power Point or Word, website is not opening. The same model is working fine in Office 2010 and below.

Please advise how to handle this?

Thanks

Vamsi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vami,

I would suggest you to use Office 2010 as there are issues with 2013.

The PAM guides mentions that 2013 is supported however there are some API limitations.

So safe side use 2010 32 bit.

Regards,
Abhilasha

jennifer_jacob
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I couldn't find anyone else experiencing such problem.

Do you have both Office 2010 and 2013 installed on the same machine?

Eventually I would suggest you try and recreate the button.

Regards,

Jennifer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

My PC is DELL optiplex brand new one with Windows 7 Pro 64bit and Office 2013 32bit. Both were never loaded. Recreating the button not working. In preview mode of application same button works fine. But not when you export it into Powerpoint. This is definitely some thing with PPT 2013, coz same swf in HTML with same button working fine.

Thanks

Vamsi

jennifer_jacob
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Vami,

I actually digged further and as mentionned by Abhilasha, Dashboard supports office 2013 x86 has the following limitations:

1. When open dashboard then import existing excel, there will pop up new excel window. The windows can be only closed when user closes dashboard. (Please try to no import existing excel)
  2. When open an existing dashboard file, sometimes it will pop up a duplicate windows. (Close and reopen dashboard again)
  3. When open dashboard, then do excel binding, user can not create new sheet anymore inside the excel.
  4. When do excel binding, then switch to other excel cell, click the button again, the pop up binding cannot be reset correctly. (Watch out the binding button)

Since your specific issue has not been captured as yet, I would recommend you open an incident with SAP support in order to request for a fix.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Jennifer

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have heard so many times that office 2013 is making some shaky outcome, after hearing all of our friends. You can definitely come to an idea about office 2013. If you still not compromised with the reply will suggest you to open a ticket to SAP on this.

--SumanT

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I would suggest you to first check on the SAP Business objects 4.1 PAM, whether its supports or not.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/507d3365-009b-3010-04b0-e5abc8f00...

Also check the below links on the bitter experience using the office 2013 with dashboards.

--SumanT