cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Has anyone actually fixed the "bobj is undefined" problem?

Former Member
0 Kudos

We just installed Crytal Reports for Visual Studio SP9 into our Visual Studio 2013 environment which was supposed to fix the problem, NO it doesn't.  I have tried all the "copy this to that" directories I can stand, we still have the problem.  We waited on SP9 for months, hoping for a breakthrough.  The same code works in VS 2012 environment but pops up the infamous "bobj" when debugging in VS2013.  Any serious fix we can try?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Forgot to add, this is how our crystalreportviewers directories look now:

former_member188030
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Run Process Monitor and gather the log for your application.

Search the log for 'crystalreportviewers' entries or possibly crviewer and check where the application is looking for viewer files. The log will give you the result and details.

Thanks,

Bhushan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the SP10 ready to be used in VS2013. I am having the same problem with "bobj
is undefined"
we are using VS2013, SP10, Web application. Only thing is that I have not copied any files to the wwwroot directory. I want to make a reference through the config file. Can you please help?

Also do I need to make a reference on each aspx page to find Crystal report viewer? Or the config file declaration is sufficient?

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Typically, the bobj error is a configuration issue, so nothing to "fix" as such. If you enter the search term 'crystal net bobj' you get well over 20 KBAs on possible solutions. See if any of those help you out. If not, do come back, but let us know what you tried.

re:

Only thing is that I have not copied any files to the wwwroot directory. I want to make a reference through the config file.

See KBA 1691356 - Error Message: "Bobj is undefined" during deployment of ASP.NET application

KBA 2007190 - Error: JavaScript runtime error: 'bobj' is undefined

And see the SAP Crystal Reports .NET SDK Developer Guide  (search for 'web.config viewer')

BTW, the solution mentioned here:

is documented in 1691356 - I believe

- Ludek

Senior Support Engineer AGS Product Support, Global Support Center Canada

Follow us on Twitter

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with server 2012, IIS 8.5, vb 2012 .

I had the same problem for a week, so  I tried all the solution I saw in the web,  but in any web page I found the next solution:

I just added  "Compatibility with service IIS", in "service roles". and as miracle the Crystal Report appeared.

I hope this help to somebody.