cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't "save as" report to server repository

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've got a trial environment, including Crystal Server 2013, Crystal Reports for Enterprise (2013), and Client Tools.  My ultimate goal is to implement a Crystal report with real-time refresh (SDK or webElements).  In the interim, I'm trying to make the following simple scenario work: create DSN (note: I'm using a DSN created using the Windows ODBC Administrator) and postgresql (JDBC) connections in the Information Design Tool.  Publish the connections to the server repository.  Create Crystal reports that reference these data sources.  Publish the reports the server repository.  And, then to play with scheduling and adding webElements to the reports.

I'm stuck in Crystal Reports "save as", where I'm asked to change the connection to a BI Platform connection.  I've got both DSN and postgresql connections in the repository.  When I set target to the DSN, I get the error "unable to connect to repository".  For the postgresql connection, I get the error "The data source Postgresql 8 is not supported". 

Interestingly, I also tried a similar scenario using sample reports that come with the server download.  Open a report from Crystal Reports, and then "save as" to a different folder in My Folders.  Opening the report, get the message about unsupported data source migration.  Then, "save as" results in request to change data source.

Thanks!

Roger

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Roger,

Well before you get to far with this, please do check if Crystal Reports for Enterprise supports WebElements or not.

CR of Enterprise does not support repository custom functions as it stands and the WebElements functions are installed via the Repository Customer functions option.

I'll wait until replies here!

-Abhilash

JWiseman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

thanks Abhilash.

i've never configured pass-through html for the cr for enterprise viewers before but others have...please see this thread. you may wish to get this to work first before you get too far.

even if you don't use webelements and write your own embedded html & javascript, you need to activate pass-through html as that's the required feature. a simple test to see if you've got it to work is to create a formula to put on your report like the following and if the tags don't show up then your implimentation was successful.

'<DIV>this is a div</DIV>'

once that works, you can copy the syntax for the weautorefresh and create a formula based on that syntax and it should work in theory. however, the code for that function was written for the dhtml viewer for crystal reports and not the viewer for crystal reports for enterprise.

please do let us know how this part goes though.

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Great!

-Abhilash

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

The current environment of the Crystal system:

Business Objects Enterprise XI server

Crystal Reports 11.5.10

But, getting back to the original question about data sources, has anyone experienced (and hopefully resolved) the problem with "save as to repository", from Crystal Reports?  It seems there must be something missing in the server.  The report runs fine in Crystal Reports report builder.

Thanks!