cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DMS Attachments & IH01 Search

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We have a few external documents (word/pdf/etc.) that are linked to functional locations and equipment records. If I am in the IH01 Structure and I highlight the top most superior functional location and then use the menu path Environment -> Documents , Should this search action result in a display of all external document links that are available. All here means the external documents that are attached to the superior most functional location and also to the functional locations below it and the equipment under those functional locations.

At the moment, while in IH01, I select a particular functional location and use the menu path Environment -> Documents...the result is that I only see external document links that are assigned to the selected functional location or equipment.

What is standard SAP behavior? We are on ECC 6.0 Ehp4.

What are the other search options for searching DMS documents that are linked to Functional locations/equipmnent... if I do not know the FL or EQ to which the external document has been linked ?

Thanks,

Kingfischer

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jogeswararao_kavala
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Kingfischer,

It is Standard Behaviour. The other method of searching will be through CV04N through Object links.

See this picture,

See whether this helps.

Jogeswara Rao K

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you. I have looked at both transactions and think the CV04N with the object links is the closest to the original customer request.

Appreciate your help.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.