Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IDOC Configuration Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello there,

We have a requirement to configure IDOC's for Cost Center (COSMAS) and Projects (PROJECT). We need to be able to generate IDOC files (CSV format) and drop them under a specific folder under AL11. My Basis team says that since we are only dealing with one system and not sending out IDOC files to an external system, we don't need to use the Transactional RFC port under WE21 T-Code. Attached are the instructions we followed to configure the IDOC's but I feel like something isn't correct. Can anyone please let me know how I can configure these two IDOC files?

-Rohit

2 REPLIES 2

jitendra_it
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

In case of file generation, you have to use File Ports in WE21.

Check this document :

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80b8db75-e481-2d10-7e94-81e1e2959...

0 Kudos

Hello Rohit,

I assumed your issue is already fixed if not.

Please understand Idoc are used when you are communicating between different systems (Sender A should have Receiver B), in this case if you are using COSMAS and PROJECT Message Type and your objective is to simply place the csv file format on application server, no need to use IDocs here, simple ABAP report/logic should do this.

If no IDoc means no Ports,Partner Profile you need to configure.

Until you are using some middleware to pick the file from App server and deliver it to External System.

Thanks.