cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension of exported file

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ...

I am using SAP 7.3 , in transaction FB03 , I exported table to spreadsheet and file extension was "XML file nm. (XLS)".

another user do the same but file extension was "XML file nm. (MHT)"

How can i change MHT to XLS ?

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasser,

What I understood is, the user has selected the option "Always use selected format" by selected the .MHT format. So that user is not able to change to another format.

If what I understood is correct, you have to do below steps:

1.) Goto SE38

2.)Run the report "SALV_BS_ADMIN_MAINTAIN"

3.)Select the option "User-Specific Settings for SAP GUI ALV" and execute

4.)  Delete the settings available for that user.

Finally, after doing this you will get the pop-up asking you to select the required format.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Will this not delete user-specific settings for all users, not just the one having a problem?  That might not be an issue, but there might be users who intentionally set that flag and want to keep it that way.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Matt,

It will show the list of usernames and their selection option.

You can delete that particular users selection.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yasser,

If you got the solution, close the thread.

Regards

Sudhir Sadhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudhir ..

Appreciate your assistance , actually still I didn't check your suggestion because I don't have authorization for SE38 however , I contact IT dept. to check the solution and I will close the thread soon.

Thanks

Yasser

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Yasser,

Open Excel (don't just double-click on the MHT file, that will open it in a web browser), and then from within Excel open the MHT file.  Then do a "Save As" and choose XLS.  That should convert the file back to standard Excel format (without overwriting the original MHT file).

Regards,

Matt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Matt for your feedback

actually this is such as alternative solution , I just want to know how can I configure it in SAP itself ?

Regards

Yasser

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ok, I misunderstood your requirement.  In a transaction such as FB03, choosing the List... Export... Spreadsheet option will generally default to Excel (in MHTML Format).  You can alternatively choose Select from All Available Formats and then in the drop-down choose one of the other Excel options (Office 2003 XML Format, Existing XXL Format, etc).  If you like one of those, you will see the checkbox for Always Use Selected Format.

Alternatively, you can use Export... Local File instead, and then choose Spreadsheet as the format.  Whereas the previous option would open the file immediately, this option will want to save it first, but you can choose the XLS format directly.  It may or may not format as neatly as you like; the formatting is a bit different.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Actually only one option available in the drop-down list.

For my user , only available format is XLS.

For another user , only available format is MHT

The problem that only one option for each user and both users have different extension.

Below may clarify more.