Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Activate GL account field in IW31

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

My issue is similar to what is mentioned in the below link:

In IW21, 'Components Tab' the required materials are mentioned and system automatically creates a Reservation. User then issues the reserved material either using MIGO or MB1A against the particular Order. However there is no option to manually enter the GL account to which we want the cost to be debited.

I noticed that there is a configuration path in SPRO to 'Define Field Selection for Components (PM and CS)' which shows the list of modifiable fields. In this list GL account is shown, but can't find it in IW21 - 'Components Tab'.

Please advice.

Regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody tell me what is the purpose of the below configuration screen?

I noticed that there is a configuration path in SPRO to 'Define Field Selection for Components (PM and CS)' which shows the list of modifiable fields. In this list GL account is shown, but can't find it in IW21 - 'Components Tab'.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please see below screen shots.

Non Stock item has been maintained. For that, G/L account has been made as Display only.

It reflects in Purchasing data.

As mentioned here many times, only for non stock item, you can control G/L account.

For stock item, you will not get Purchasing data tab, so you have no option to maintain G/L for stock item.

peter_atkin
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Pearl T

This field can be found on the Purchasing Data sub-tab of each component:

PeteA

Former Member
0 Kudos

As you aware, G/L account is getting derived OBYC settings only. As mentioned earlier, you have the option of changing the G/L for Non-Stock Item.

As there is no option to change for non stock item, try the possibility of maintaining only non stock item in PM order, so that you can change the G/L as you want.

Hope, you discussed about changing the G/L with your FICO consultant. As I feel, it's not the correct practice of having G/L plant wise, please discuss with your MM & FICO consultant, if you have not discussed before.

former_member186385
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Pearl T,

It is not required to Input G/L account while doing MB1A

system will automatically fetch respective G/L account from OBYC settings where your MM guys will input G/L account against your valuation modifier and valuation class

check this setting and compare respective G/L account which will be your cost element in Plant/Actual cost report in IW32

hope it is clear

regards,

santosh    

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santosh,

I'm aware that the GL account will be automatically captured from the OBYC settings. What I'm looking for is an alternate situation wherein I want to change the GL account.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can anybody confirm if there is an option to activate the GL account field in IW31 / MIGO / MB1A for the situation that I've mentioned?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

For Materials, G/L account will be derived from OBYC settings.

Only for Non stock item, G/L account can be made as editable. You can see that in Purchasing tab of components detail view.

For stock item, it will be derived from valuation class mentioned in material master.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Maheswaran,

Thank you for the response.

I'm aware of the above. It is for items in stock for which I want to change the GL account.

For eg: Material ABC will be used by one plant X as spares, where as for Plant Y it will be raw material. In such a case, I need to be able to edit the GL account so that it will be correctly captured for Plant Y. For Plant X, by default, system will capture the Spares GL account.

Regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Consumption account will not be created plant wise. It will be either Controlling Area level or Company code level.

So, you can not change the G/L account at the transaction level.

So, discuss about these Finance basics with your FICO consultant.

former_member198942
Contributor
0 Kudos

Pearl

Standard SAP provides different material types to be used for specific materials based on industry, usage, inventory, application, valuation specific, business process etc. The same material if want to be used for two different purpose, you should use two different material types. for Example: Raw material, semifinish material and finish material. similarly spares and raw materials are different material type. It has specific valuation , inventory , stock issues if you mix them in terms of product costing, Equipment/asset value, depriciation in assets books.

Try creating different material codes with different material type and maintain the relevant GL-material group combination to automatic derivation of GL from OBYC at plant level. I guees this will help.

As mentioned by Standard SAP Screens will not allow field GL to be input value:Ready to input in IW31/IW32 screen for consumption material/stock material unless purchased.