cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to refresh Dashboard Components Automatically

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am BW|BPS Consultant, and i am new to BOBJ. We have a developed a dashboard by using Live Office connection, and source is Webi report.

But my dashboard is not getting updated data automatically, for this we are refreshing dashboard every day manually.

I want to do this automatically. While opening dashboard it has to show updated data.

Please suggest me how to come across with this issue. If possible please provide Navigation.

Thanks in advance

Best Wishes,

PRK

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Gurus,

Please help me to sort out this issue.

former_member194862
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As suggested by Shabnam we can use the scheduling of the webi on daily basis.

However if you do not want any manual intervention and dasboard are to be displayed on the LCDs then you might try to use refresh after every 10 minutes option so that  it keeps on pinging the server and shall never time out.This would work only in case when you export the dashboard to pdf or swf.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

In the above screenshot that you have mentioned, you selected the option "Refresh before components are loaded". Instead select the 22nd one "Refresh Every", give the time as 1day. In "Refresh on" option map the trigger cell to a cell in your excel in which you have to write "=Today()".

In this way this webi report will be refreshed on daily basis automatically without any manual refresh (as date in the trigger will be changing daily).

Try this and let me know if you are struck somewhere.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nirupa,

Sorry for late response.

There is no Day option is available to choose. Please let me know if there is any other process.   FYI..

Regards,

PRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Once check the webi report whether it is refreshing properly when you open it. It should not prompt for the database credentials when you refresh it. If it works then in dashboard also it will refresh automatically for sure whenever you open the dashboard as you already selected the "Refresh Before Components are Loaded" option.

Suppose the webi report is prompting for database credentials while refreshing then Goto CMC->right click on your webi Report->Data base Logon->pass same database credentials for refershing, and in Refresh Options->uncheck "prompt user when refreshing" option. After checking for these options insert the report once again into the report and ckeck whether it works fine now..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nirupa,

It's not asking any data base credentials while refreshing. It's prompting for credentials only while opening webi report.

Regards,

PRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

Actually it should not ask for any credentials while refreshing the report from BI Launch Pad..

Set the properties of the report as I mentioned above.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Nirupa,

Thanks for your reply.

I am unable to found such kind of options available in CMC. If Possible please provide screen shot.

Regards,

PRK.

arijit_das
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

use a hidden connection refresh button to refresh the connections after components are loaded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Das,

Thanks for quick reply. Can you please explain me in more detail.

Thanks in advance

Regards,

PRK

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the below link Praveen.

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Das/Suman

Thanks for your valuable links.

Links which you have shared is not relevant to my issue. We are using BO 4.0, Xcelsius 2011.

My Dashboard is build on Webi report by using Live Office Connection. And Webi report is created on BW-Bex Query. And my end users are viewing the Dashboard by using BI Launchpad.

When ever user opens dashboard it has to update with latest data.

Please suggest me how to update with latest data in dashboard while opening.

Regards

PRK

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen,

The logic will be the same irrelevant of the version. If i understood your question correctly, you are trying to refresh the dashboard automatically without any manual intervention after invoking the dashboard using live office connection.

Last reply in the above suggested thread, he has explained how to do that.

--SumanT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

You can schedule your webi report on daily basis and while adding Live office connections in Dashboard please choose refresh as 0 or getFromLatestDocumentInstance. This is with reference to qaaws built on webi report.

I think same option should be available for live office also.

Regards

Shabnam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabnam,

Thanks for your quick reply.

As of my knowledge that option is available for only QAWS. In LO there is another option called "Refresh before components are loaded". My components are not getting refreshed even though that option is enable. Please refer screen shot.

Please let me know if i am wrong.

Regads,

PRK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

"Refresh before components are loaded" option is also available for Qaaws this will only load data to components beforing opening dashboard. It shows what ever data is avialable in webi at that point of time.

please check under defination tab --> Input value. I think it should be avialable for LO as well.

Regards

Shabnam

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Can you try with query refresh button ? if your connections is listing inside the component then i think you can do this for sure.

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI....

former_member182541
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked my above screenshot.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Praveen

Refer to below document, it explains clearly how to enable refresh for live office automatically.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b02e31fb-3568-2e10-e78f-92412c3c0...

Pg-11.

There are two tabs in object properties --> refresh you can modify refresh option in this tab.

Hope this solves your automatic refresh issue.

Regards

Shabnam