cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Lotus Integration

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI all,

I have run the programme  RSWUWFML2 by creating variant and mentioned in job(sm36) for lotus integration.

but thing is its taking almost 30 to 40 minutes to get workitem text into lotus inbox.

and the workitem text is not fully showing..its taking up to 50 characters only in lotus inbox.

kindly let me know the solutions for the above questions.

i haven't mentioned the task ids in variant.....

Please let me know.

ramesh

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

RSWUWFML2 is obsolete, you should use Extended Notifications.

There could be many explanations for the delay:

- how often the batch job is run

- batch job settings

- mail job settings

- lotus inbox refresh rate

SM37 and SOST (as suggested by Karri) will probably reveal where the problem lies.

regards

Rick Bakker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rick,

I have configured SWNCONFIG transaction and created variant for SWN_SELSEN programme.But after scheduling the job(sm36),the job is cancelled and showing dump error in SWN_selsen.but work items are reached to lotus inbox.Kindly let me know how to solve this error.and also

can we execute the work item from lotus inbox by using extended notifications??

suresh_subramanian2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh !

All that is required for you is just to send a notification to Lotus Notes.

Just schedule the report RSCONN01 in SM36 with an interval 3 minutes and get it done without using extended notifications.

Regards,

S.Suresh       

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"showing dump error in SWN_selsen.but work items are reached to lotus inbox"

So SWN_SELSEN is dumping but it's still sending the emails? It must be a problem after the send.

You should look in ST22 to see what the error message is.

regards

Rick Bakker

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"Just schedule the report RSCONN01 in SM36 with an interval 3 minutes and get it done without using extended notifications."

RSCONN01 just sends existing emails. Extended Notifications sends email about workitems. Two very different things.

regards

Rick Bakker

Former Member
0 Kudos

ok rick. i will mention the error...

Former Member
0 Kudos

First of all, are you really sure that the report is taking 30 minutes? Can you check this in SM37? How long did the job take? If the report is working fast, then you might be having an issue with the outgoing email sending job, which might be scheduled to run like every 30 minutes or so. In other words, when RSWUWFML2 runs, it creates the emails into the "outgoing email queue" (check this with transaction SOST). You should be able to find how fast they appear in the queue. It might be that they are delayed because they stay in the queue, and are not sent by the email sending job (scheduled by basis).

About the work item text. This might be solved with OSS note 975947. Try also to search here in SCN. This issue has been discussed many times.

Kind regards,

Karri

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank u karri, actually in sm37 it is showing the delay time in sec only(i.e 55sec,47sec etc).In sm36 we have scheduled the job hourly by selecting period option radio button.I haven't checked the SOST transaction. i will check tomorrow in office and catch u back...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi karri,

in SAP workflow inbox.work item text is taking up to 120 characters but when it goes to lotus inbox it is taking up to 50 characters.but when we send an information mail from lotus user to lotus user by mentioning more than 120 characters in subject line it is showing fine in lotus inbox.

Kindly let me know is that problem in lotus or in SAP??

and how to solve it?

former_member185167
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

"but when it goes to lotus inbox it is taking up to 50 characters"

1. Go to google

2. Type in     sap workflow 50 characters

The first article found (for me) was this one:

How to have a Long mail title ?  (in ECC 5... | SCN

which linked to this one:

I hope it solves your problem.