Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cost Center wrongly posted during Journal Entry

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created a new General Ledger account for Prov for Impairment of Fixed Assets (Charges) with Field Status Group as F001. This transaction should not be posted in Cost Center. But by mistake cost element was created and during posting in F-02 the transaction was asking for Cost Center. And it got posted after entering the Cost Center.

Now, what do I do to reverse the transaction from the cost center without reversing the actual entry. Please suggest.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

whatever  you have posted document reserve it in T code -FB08

then post correct cost centre

go and change in Field Status Group as F001 -- make it as a cost centre Optional entry

Thanking you

Mahesh

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is since, I have created the cost element for the GL, the transaction is asking for Cost Center. Its not allowing me to go to next screen. Without entering the Cost Center. I have checked the Field Status Group, there Cost Center is optional.

Please suggest.

former_member189209
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

please once check - in that particular cost element Master data - in default account assignment tab - cost centre given or not ,

please change - for this entry purpose - Valid From           xxxx  to  xxxxx - then post enter and set again valid dates in cost element master data

Thanking you

Mahesh

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

I tried changing the valid from and to dates. But still the Transaction is asking for the Cost Center.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey nabin ji... check 1st the cost element is created or not and on that check in default cost assignment tab ... then check... if its in copa... u have to reverse the entry block the gl and create a fresh gl with P&L

regards,

Abhay

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

We are not using COPA. Only Product Costing. But the client has done costing run before posting this entry for the March month.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hey .... you just chedck... the cost is included or not in activity prices .. it should be there as it should with the cost center

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Can you please suggest, where do I check this? Kindly suggest me the T Code.

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

I am closing this thread, since there is no problem with the posting to wrong CC. Hence, I am not deleting nor reversing the document.

Incase any problem arises, I will reopen this thread.

Thanks

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Nabin

You are wrong here...

You have posted an item in Controlling module, which you did not want.. If you have Product Costing implemented, and if this expense gets considered in Product Cost, it will be a further mess

Or It might get included in COPA as well after assessments.

I would suggest,

a. Reverse the Posting

b. Block the GL account

c. Create a fresh P&L account and do the posting

Br. Ajay M

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

The JV was posted for 31st March 2014. The entry was done on 19th April 2014. By then, March month costing run is already done. So no more costing run is lending for last year.

Will there be any problem still?

Please suggest.

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

If you posted it after the march period end closing was done, then it should be fine

Just ensure that this cost does not get included in the activity prices and product cost

It should remain unabsorbed in the cost center itself

Br. Ajay M

rajneesh_saxena
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Nabin

What is your exact issue? You want to remove this entry from the CC and post it to some other CC or you want to remove the cost element?

If you want to transfer the entry from one CC to other CC, simply you can use Line item re-posting.

Or else in any case, If you want to delete CE then point to consider is that how many entries are posted to this cost element? If less may be one or two, then you can use program RKACOR20 which can help you in deleting the CO document. This way you can delete the cost element. However it should not be made a practice. Also I suggest that first test in test system and then go forward.

Regards

Rajneesh Saxena

former_member650819
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont want to post to any CC, but since I have created the cost element for the GL, its asking for the CC for posting this transaction. Otherwise it wont allow to post.

Now, since I am looking for deleting the cost element, I need to check the other option you have suggested.

Thanks.