Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization issue while executing a Web Template in SAP BI

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am facing an issue while executing a webtemplate .

I have a webtemplate which is being executed by end user. The query uses a characteristic KPI identifier ,SBU,BU,product, Region,Affiliate . All the mentioned charcaterisitics in Analysis authorization have * value except  KPI identifier and SBU. And Activity 02,03 is provided for the infoprovider. When the webtemplate is executed user must be able to fill in the value for data an submit.

When a single value is (Ex:KPI01) being provided in KPI identifier the webtemplate works fine in change mode. But when additonal value (Ex KPI02) is being added the webtemplate opens only in display mode. There is no authorization failure as well in the RSEC trace. Please suggest what might be the reason for this behavior. Thank you

Regards,

Mohammed Ghouse

3 REPLIES 3

brian_keenan
Contributor
0 Kudos

Which infoobjects are used? it is not so clear so hard to understand.

I suggest you check the buffering of authorizations in RSECADMIN which shows how authorizations are combined, this might help explain.

0 Kudos

Hi Brian,

Thanks for your reply

RSECADMIN does not show any missing authorizations when checked , but what is observed is that the check happens only on display

These are the characteristics being checked by the query

Characteristic      Content in SQL format

OTCACTVT         GRI_IC005 IN ('KPI054','KPI055')

GRI_IC005          AND GRI_IC007 = 'MFE'

AND 0TCAACTVT = '02'

GRI_IC007

Comparison with Following Authorized Set

Characteristic      Content in SQL format

0TCAACTVT      I CP *

GRI_IC005        I EQ KPI054

I EQ KPI055

GRI_IC007          I EQ MFE

And it says its authorized. But still the screen is in display mode. What might be the reason for this behavior.

0 Kudos

Ghouse,

Is it possible you can post a screen shot of the RSECPROT trace. The information you provided in previous post is not making everything clear.

In addition to that, you can play with the settings in sand box (if you have it available) by may be changing the auth relevancy on GRI_IC005 etc, to see how it changes the behavior. Also I am curious what these objects are e.g. GRI_IC005 ? I tried to look it up in BW box but was not able to find it.

Regards,
Shivraj Singh