cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Communication medium creation in Campaign execution

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts,

Please guide me how to create communication medium while executing the campaign.

I had errors in communication medium and template while executing the campaign.

Awaiting the response at the earliest of possible.

Thanks in advance,..

Regards,

Ramesh Mudhigiri.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh.

Could you please elaborate your requirements? What sort of errors did you get? What do you mean under communication medium creation? Definition of it in IMG or anything else?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Andrei,

Am so glad that u replied immediately.While creating the campaign in web ui,there is an option called Communication medium(e.g,..email campain,..)But when i chose the communcation medium option,it asked for the template option to be choosen,which resulted in to error.I just want to understand what it means might be.

former_member196553
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

depending on the communication medium selected system builds the screen configuration for the communication channel screen. If you select any communication medium that creates any business activity / lead / sales order the related template fields get enabled so you can use a activity template / lead template / sales order template for the business transaction creation.

In case of the open channel communication medium system is not sure which fields are required in the open channel context all those fields are shown independently from the configuration.

The same is hardcoded and determined in the following calls:

119  METHOD CREATE_VISIBLE_ATTR_LIST CL_MKTPRJ_COMMCHNL_UTIL
118  METHOD CREATE_NEW_CONFIGURATION CL_MKTPRJ_COMMCHNL_UTIL

However you can use BAdI CRM_MKTPL_UIU_MODIFY_COMM_CHNL to modify the determined configuration according to your requirements. Using the BAdI you can add / delete fields from the configuration that are not required in the open channel conext.

Please find further information in the following note:

1454944   Modify channel attributes via BAdI

The BAdI should be available in your system however I hope this helps to understand the behaviour.

best regards,

Johannes

VishnAndr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Ramesh.

You're talking about email medium. So the template (mail form) is mandatory for this medium. No errors here. Just enter the template created beforehand. If you do not have one - create it.