Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CUSTOMER_UPDATE_SALES_AREA failing while updating multiple partners in the same partner function.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts;

Please consider the below scenario:

I want to update a new partner as a second ship to party to a customer, this new partner will be in the same sales area and distribution channel.

I am using the FM CUSTOMER_UPDATE_SALES_AREA.

Observation:

While inserting this new partner in the KNVP, the FM  CUSTOMER_UPDATE_SALES_AREA fails.

Upon checking this FM I found that the value of PARZA in table KNVP is not being incremented, that means in my scenario the primary key combination in the table KNVP, for the second partner becomes same as the first partner.

So please advise if there is any other BAPI or function module that can be used in my scenario or do I need to check and accordingly increment the KNVP-PARZA and then pass it into CUSTOMER_UPDATE_SALES_AREA.

Do let me know if my explanation the scenario is not clear...

Thanks in advance for your advices....

Regards

~Abhishek

1 REPLY 1

former_member188827
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
  • You can try reading PARZA from KNVP and then increment it and use it in the function module and see  if this works for you.
  • Also check class CMD_EI_API or FM SD_CUSTOMER_MAINTAIN_ALL.

Regards