cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Certification eligibility in India

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends...

I am working with Tata Chemicals in its IT dept as SAP SD support consultant since 2 years. I am preparing for my SAP SD Certification through one of the good courses available online. Today someone told me that I got to be employed with an SAP Gold/Silver/Bronze,etc partner if I want to give an SAP Certification exam else I will have to take training from one of the SAP registered training provider. Is this information true or I can show experience of my current organization who is not an IT company but my profile is into IT. Please guide.

Regards,

Abhijit

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182997
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Abhijit,
The information seems true.
SAP allows candidates to appear certification exam only via its partners be it education partner or consulting companies. If working with a company which is SAP Partner, then the company itself can give its employees the opportunity to appear the certification exam with certain years of experience(generally 1 to 2 years for associate level).
As you organization is not tied up with SAP as its partner you will need to enroll yourself in SAP Education Partner  Authorized Institutes for appearing the exam, or else another alternative can be gaining of experience over some time  and while  you switch over to any SAP Partner IT Company where you can work and appear the exam as well.

If your employer gives you the platform to write your certification exam, you don't need to pay any course fees but only exam fees, while both needs to be paid if you enroll yourself  in Authorized training center

Hope the info helps you.

Best Regards..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Aparajit.

Answers (0)